• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chalky

Coach
Just found out that if we do go up, it will be worth around £6m. So hopefully that will put an end to all the "oh, don't want to go up straight away, as we are not ready yet" <--- Yeah, all that rubbish.

So get behind the boys! And what will be..will be.. COYB

Just found out that if we do go up, it will be worth around £6m. So hopefully that will put an end to all the "oh, don't want to go up straight away, as we are not ready yet" <--- Yeah, all that rubbish.

So get behind the boys! And what will be..will be.. COYB

Can you give a breakdown of how you get to that figure

thank you

Even if it is 6 million for promotion (not to be sniffed at at all) then it's still small beer compared with parachute payments for teams relegated from the premier league. It's never going to be anywhere near a level playing field and it's so bloody unfair.

Even if it is 6 million for promotion (not to be sniffed at at all) then it's still small beer compared with parachute payments for teams relegated from the premier league. It's never going to be anywhere near a level playing field and it's so bloody unfair.

Exactly. The Prem' and Champ' are for Big Clubs Only! Get relegated from the Prem? Have £90 million. Get promoted to the Champ? Here, have 49p. That's why, if Burton go up, I'll have a tenner on them coming straight down.

Maybe more to the points - 1. where would the £6 million go 2. Where did Sky get that figure?

Exactly. The Prem' and Champ' are for Big Clubs Only! Get relegated from the Prem? Have £90 million. Get promoted to the Champ? Here, have 49p. That's why, if Burton go up, I'll have a tenner on them coming straight down.

Maybe more to the points - 1. where would the £6 million go 2. Where did Sky get that figure?

We would get straight up £6million. It was quoted on the sky commentary last night and I also heard it on the FL72 podcast.

Since when did SKY know anything about the Football League? And we won't get it. Even if we go up (HA!), HMRC'll come along and pointedly remind us that we owe them 6mil.

Sometimes I wish Ron wouldn't pay up just to spite the sods.

Two more promotions and a relegation and we are set up for life - lets do it.

If the 6 mill is accurate????

How much would go toward the playing staff????????????????

Since when did SKY know anything about the Football League? And we won't get it. Even if we go up (HA!), HMRC'll come along and pointedly remind us that we owe them 6mil.

Sometimes I wish Ron wouldn't pay up just to spite the sods.

Sonic, I know you live in a parallel universe at times, but I can't think of an occasion, in any universe, that you would **** off HMRC. Ron has tried before, and even he can't dance round them.

We would get , or promotion is worth ?
Anyone who was actually watching the TV last night care to put some context to the statement of 6 m ?

We would get straight up £6million. It was mentioned on the sky commentary last night. But I have also heard it before on the FL72 podcast.

We would get straight up £6million. It was mentioned on the sky commentary last night. But I have also heard it before on the FL72 podcast.

Yes this was on another thread and it is a payment to every club, can't remember if it was £6m but it was certainly a few million, for some reason £3m is ringing a bell? so the £6m figure may be what promotion is worth in total? Regardless it's a decent figure that every club in the championship will get from the premier league I believe. Can't remember the thread it was on but someone put the link to the Football league site that explained all the payments, think league one clubs all get something like £400k from next season and it was about £150k for league 2 clubs

The new prem deal kicks in next season which directly impacts the funding to Champ, L1 and L2 teams. The £6m quoted is a combination of this deal and the FL's deal with Sky. With additional sponsorship and higher gate receipts I would imagine the total could easily rise to an extra £8m per season compared to L1.

Yes wages would inevitably increase however I can't see how we wouldn't end up with a net profit with a season in the Championship (providing Ron doesn't go on a signing spree).

Yes this was on another thread and it is a payment to every club, can't remember if it was £6m but it was certainly a few million, for some reason £3m is ringing a bell? so the £6m figure may be what promotion is worth in total? Regardless it's a decent figure that every club in the championship will get from the premier league I believe. Can't remember the thread it was on but someone put the link to the Football league site that explained all the payments, think league one clubs all get something like £400k from next season and it was about £150k for league 2 clubs

that was me, the amount from the premier league was three million for championship vs 450,000 in league one, I have no idea what makes up the other 3,55 million-and jsut becasue someone says it on sky doesn't make it fact in my opinion

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/show...eal-solidarity-payments&p=1827910#post1827910

Last edited:
Back