• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

1-0 at H/t, Gillingham got Northampton tomorrow so I want Gills to win, keep the 3rd place wide open for us.

1-0 at H/t, Gillingham got Northampton tomorrow so I want Gills to win, keep the 3rd place wide open for us.
Spot on with that, also burton playing Oxford. Would want Oxford to Win but that would then give them confidence ahead of our game on Saturday but burton losing would be a great result.

No way! Gillingham are proving pretty wobbly and are very catchable. A draw would be a very nice result, or even a win for Cobblers.

They would be catchable has we beaten them on New Year day, we have to keep our run going and all I care about is the 3rd place!

They would be catchable has we beaten them on New Year day, we have to keep our run going and all I care about is the 3rd place!

Gillingham are going to struggle to get promotion this year. And aiming for third is a council of despair, I think L2 is wide open this year.

And Torquay win, so doing us a nice favour.

If we have any ambitions of going up we need to play alot better... the win on saturday masks what has been a poor turn of results in the new year having lost key players. I remain to be convinced that Spillane is the next Mkandawire, and while Laird and Assombalonga are out of the team we need to continue to pick up lucky results. I agree that we need to focus on aiming for third as Port Vale and Gills look gone now. They were catchable before xmas but we are a weaker side now..

As posted earlier, gills have lost 2 key players this week. All depends on their transfer business over the next few days as to whether they will have enough to see them over the line. 3 or 4 poor results and they are back in the mix. It happened to us last year, so why not them this year?

We need to win 14 out of our remaining 18 games to achieve 85 points, which should see us safely into third place (84 points were needed last season). It does look as though 82 points may be enough this term, so 13 wins will do us nicely. But we've only won 12 out of our first 28 matches...... Get fit soon, Britt!!!

We need to win 14 out of our remaining 18 games to achieve 85 points, which should see us safely into third place (84 points were needed last season). It does look as though 82 points may be enough this term, so 13 wins will do us nicely. But we've only won 12 out of our first 28 matches...... Get fit soon, Britt!!!

I don't think 3rd place will need anything like 85 points this year. Last year was a statistical "outlier" and if anyone can build yet another winning team from other club's cast-offs it's Luggy, so sit back, relax and see if he can pull it off again.

Gillingham ( and Port Vale ) are far from out of sight.
Lots of games left and lots that can happen to other teams - injuries , suspensions , loss of form , nerves etc.
It is so tight between the top 10 or 11.
Obviously we need to keep winning , but I think that any games involving games between 2 of our rivals , then we should hope for a draw every time.
IMO , better that they both lose points , rather than one getting maximum.

We are only 2 points off 3rd places. 85 points will be enough to win it this year I reckon. The last couple of weeks have shown that anyone can beat anyone in this league. IMO 75/76 points should be the target which could be enough for 3rd.

Gillingham and Port Vale are in exactly the same place as we were this time last season. I still think they will both go up, as even with bad runs they will end up with 80 odd points. There is no reason we can't be in that mix with them and end up with around 80 points as well, but it will take some doing.

3rd place is well within reach, and maybe even 2nd if one of the top two have a bad run.

If we have any ambitions of going up we need to play alot better... the win on saturday masks what has been a poor turn of results in the new year having lost key players. I remain to be convinced that Spillane is the next Mkandawire, and while Laird and Assombalonga are out of the team we need to continue to pick up lucky results. I agree that we need to focus on aiming for third as Port Vale and Gills look gone now. They were catchable before xmas but we are a weaker side now..

I would personally ask supporters not to judge Spillane against Tam as it seems a rather unfair comparison - the only reason we were able to sign a player of Mkandawire's quality was because he had been long-term injured and was clearly playing way below his level in L2. Sturrock waited a long time to get him in and it was worth it, the fact he was Millwall's PotY in the Championship 2 years ago speaks volumes. Whilst it was ultimately very disappointing to see him go back I would ask fellow fans to judge Spillane on what he brings to the side as an individual, no I'm quite sure he'll be no Tam but a player of his type was desperately needed and that has shown in the results since Mkandawire returned to the Den. Hopefully Spillane will do a good job of protecting the back four, if he does and we're lucky with injuries then we are certainly well capable of promotion.

Gillingham and Port Vale are in exactly the same place as we were this time last season. I still think they will both go up, as even with bad runs they will end up with 80 odd points. There is no reason we can't be in that mix with them and end up with around 80 points as well, but it will take some doing.

3rd place is well within reach, and maybe even 2nd if one of the top two have a bad run.

I agree. It is very unusual for the 2 teams who are top at this time of year to maintain that form for the rest of the season...as unfortunately we proved last year. Gillingham have already tailed off from their early season form whilst Port Vale look to be going from strength to strength both on and off the pitch.

I certainly feel therefore that Gillingham are within reach. Of more concern to me are the likes of Cheltenham (consistent performers at this level), Northampton, and possibly Rotherham all of whom I can see vying with us and Gillingham for 2 of the 3 automatic spots.

Please do not rule out Bradford in this, I know their cup run has taken over a bit like it did us but I am sure they will also be in the mix at the end of the season.
UTB

Please do not rule out Bradford in this, I know their cup run has taken over a bit like it did us but I am sure they will also be in the mix at the end of the season.
UTB

True, and they have 4 games before the final with every player giving it their all to play in that final in those games.

Gillingham 1-0 up at the moment, move Burton into 3rd place. Would be pleased for it to finish with the scores they are at the moment.

Back