• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

One (heavy) loss in a tin-pot cup and it was all doom and gloom. One win via a lucky deflection and we're going up.

Oh the vagaries of a football messaging board. :smile:
Im not sugesting we are going up , what im trying to say is ,in the event because all of us here at one time or another have said we need to get out of this division,if we were to win promotion ,how many in your views would be good enough for division 1.

if we were to win promotion ,how many in your views would be good enough for division 1.

None of them. Except Bentley. And Leonard. And probably Hurst, who I've always rated. But apart from them and a few more, none of them.

None of them. Except Bentley. And Leonard. And probably Hurst, who I've always rated. But apart from them and a few more, none of them.

Not even John White who has previously played at a higher level than Leyton Orient has during his entire career so far?

One (heavy) loss in a tin-pot cup and it was all doom and gloom. One win via a lucky deflection and we're going up.

Oh the vagaries of a football messaging board. :smile:

Yes indeed! You did however fail to mention the risk of relegation - no win in six games - prior to the victory at Oxford! Yet I suppose it's always the same at the start of a season, a couple of wins and you're challenging for promotion, a couple of defeats, you're flirting with relegation.

Thoughtful post by Chapperz and I agree with the analysis. I still think with the young side we have , we might have a late run at the play offs, The heavy grounds may take a toll on a young and relatively experienced midfield. Chesterfield Back four partner of Cressy said y on Saturday, ou need two thugs at the back, a decent midfield and someone who guarantees 20 goals minimum to go up from our league. More red meat for Phillips and Prosser then

We r a league 2 team and will remain this for a long time. We r not consistant enough for promotion and 2 or 3 possibley league 1 standard rest are barely league 2 standard. Alot of work to be done

This,

Being fair Phil has done well whilst working under Barmy Ron's infrastructure .

We r a league 2 team and will remain this for a long time. We r not consistant enough for promotion and 2 or 3 possibley league 1 standard rest are barely league 2 standard. Alot of work to be done

If 8-9 of our line up in each match are "barely league 2 standard" then how comes we don't get battered every week?

If 8-9 of our line up in each match are "barely league 2 standard" then how comes we don't get battered every week?

Yeah that's daft to say IMO.

Phil Brown has had difficult circumstances with which to build a squad, but he has brought in a lot of young, inexperienced to a degree, but players who will get better with minutes. Therefore we need to be patient and hopefully as the seasons develops so will the young lads.

Bentley, Payne, Clifford, Coker, Leonard have all looked very impressive this season and I for one much prefer this approach to that of Sturrocks (a manager that I fully supported may I add and who did make some shrewd signings; but ultimately failed) where we signed players on high salaries coming to the twilight of their career... Harris, Dickinson, Smith etc.

Back