• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Proposed cut in VAT

Einstein,

Your agrument only relies on twisting my words to suit your own theories.

The armed forces are currently stretched to breaking point ,In any event it is highly unlikely to stop any terrorist intent on blowing theirselves and others up.

We are sitting ducks because our lads/lasses are fighting wars elsewhere and nobody can ever stop terrorists.

The goverment allowed people to come here and any orphans is down to those who allowed them entry.

My house was built in 1910 by english farmer and his family.

This country did ok before the human rights act .

Einstein,

Hmm, As the act was a direct consequence of the 2nd world war I would dispute that...

I am assuming , however, you are referring to the European Convention of Human Rights.
As opposed to the Human Rights act 1998 or maybe the later 2000 Amendment.

By going back to basics I take it you mean living in caves, battering our womenfolk on the head as a form of sexual foreplay, worshipping the sun and dying before we reach 30. That pretty much encompasses everything you post on this site.

Your reply is rather childish and silly as i understand it you work as a civil servant?........................explains a lot then.

Einstein,

The armed forces are currently stretched to breaking point ,In any event it is highly unlikely to stop any terrorist intent on blowing theirselves and others up.

We are sitting ducks because our lads/lasses are fighting wars elsewhere and nobody can ever stop terrorists.

The goverment allowed people to come here and any orphans is down to those who allowed them entry.

please tell me you're joking!?!

please tell me you're joking!?!

Where was the human rights of the little baby? I presume the authorities placed the human rights of the mother first ie become her friend and ignore everything else.

Last 12 months the prison service have paid out 5 million in compo to prisoners as their human rights were violated ie beds not comfy enough,being forced to share cells ect.

Is this want we really want?

I am not twisting any words, I am merely reading more into your statements and making genuine assumptions based upon those comments.

However, according to your logic we should have just allowed Hitler to continue his terror march then? I mean, we should only defend our shores right?

So we should turn away a 3 year old child who's become an orphan because we (or maybe even another country) bombed their Mummy & Daddy's home? I'm extremely interested on your answer for this point. A simple yes or no will suffice.

Ok - fair point. How about the other three? Clothes, computer & food then? Noticed you chose to answer only 25% of that question because it suited you.

This country did ok before the human rights act.
How do you define 'did ok'? Assume you do not like all the technologies you use (including your computer again) in today's world? When are we defining 'did' from? Not being pedantic, but although my history isn't the best I'd guess this is the longest period in recent history that there have not been any wars on English soil. I'd consider that we are doing ok on this point.

Where was the human rights of the little baby? I presume the authorities placed the human rights of the mother first ie become her friend and ignore everything else.

Last 12 months the prison service have paid out 5 million in compo to prisoners as their human rights were violated ie beds not comfy enough,being forced to share cells ect.

Along with the right to free speech, fair trials, the prohibition of state torture, freedom of assembly, right for investigations to death in custody, right to judicial review........

I shall stop there

Bin em all eh GB!

Can't see the Beds not comfy bit in this article

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/global/main.jhtml?xml=/global/2006/05/19/ucomp.xml

Along with the right to free speech, fair trials, the prohibition of state torture, freedom of assembly, right for investigations to death in custody, right to judicial review........

I shall stop there

Bin em all eh GB!

Many commentators suggest the human rights has gone to far with many criminals appling it for their own need.

Common sense should be used without citing of the human rights act.

Einstien,

Many countries send their kids here to be sold as slave labour or go into prostitution.

Aiports every day experience small kids being here with their parents no where in sight.

Romanian kids are sent here to be used by criminal gangs to steal goods ect to fund other activities.Many of these kids have been sold for a few quid.

Few months ago one london borough had 70 kids arrive all under the age of 13 and suddenly these kids have become the states or should i say the taxpayers problem.

Many countries send their kids here to be sold as slave labour .
I know I've been gone a while, but since when the hell did slavery exist again in the UK?!

Many countries send their kids here to go into prostitution.
Would love to see some evidence to back this one up. How many countries are we defining 'many' as?

Aiports every day experience small kids being here with their parents no where in sight.
Really? Considering I travel a fair bit, I've never ever seen a small child in an airport without a parent. (I've travelled through Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Leeds, Southampton & Newcastle within the last year if that helps. Maybe they are coming through a different airport then?)

Romanian kids are sent here to be used by criminal gangs to steal goods ect to fund other activities.Many of these kids have been sold for a few quid.
Interesting. Again, any links that all these Romanian kids are being sent here to be sold?

I've worked with Bulgarians, Kosovans and Polish in the UK. One arrived as a baby without either parent. The other two arrived with both their parents who were threatened to death unless they left. They were all working for a well respected company earning a decent wage paying UK tax. Not always so black & white as you claim eh? But let's tar everyone with the same brush.

Few months ago one london borough had 70 kids arrive all under the age of 13 and suddenly these kids have become the states or should i say the taxpayers problem.
They arrive in the UK as the UK has the money to support these children. Shipping them off to Uganda is hardly going to give them a peaceful good upbringing is it?

I'm also still waiting for an answer whether you enjoy lifes luxuries which are made by those pesky foreigners. Remember, the clothes, computer & food in case you've forgotten. I know you are enjoying at least one of them, and I'm assuming you don't walk around naked or grow your own crops in your back garden to feed yourself.

I was always under the impression jails were to punish and once there any con faces up to his time.

The compo is morally wrong in my view.
Remember my first response to you. It was the only point I agreed with you on so you should do. Prison should not be a nice time, and comfy prison cells which include their own TV and PlayStation is definitely not what it should be about.

However, being beaten till black & blue by another thug is not either*.

* Depending on the crime of course. As obviously, neither of us know whether the above payout was to the a murderer or a burgular and I think that makes a massive difference in this case.

No-one got paid out because their bed wasn't comfortable enough though - that was the main point.

Was hoping graysblue would answer that one, but thanks for that anyway. If an overseas citizen is involved I would assume the NHS claim back the cost of treatment from their insurance company. I am not familiar with this, but I've never heard of anyone going to the UK without insurance just because the NHS is 'free' though.

Happy to be proven wrong if so. However, how common would this situation actually be though anyway? Are we talking thousands of overseas citizens each year being treated for serious injuries? No doubt if the NHS left someone to die in the street, then they would face a court case costing millions. I think treating them would be the more humane way to deal with it. While also probably being cheaper, which is what this thread is about eh?

I recently had experience of the Spanish health system. Without going into too many details my then 2 month old baby boy was taken very seriously ill and ended up having an emergency hernia operation that (according to the paediatrician back in the UK) saved his life. (A long weekend in Palma turned into an absolute nightmare). The hospital took all our insurance details and charged our insurance company direct. I believe that is what also happens the other way as there are reciprocal arrangements.

As an aside, the Doctor and anaestatist both trained in the UK and spoke English better than most native speakers. It was very comforting being able to understand what it was that they were doing. But if gb had his way these people wouldn't have been allowed into the UK in the first place...

Last edited:
Remember my first response to you. It was the only point I agreed with you on so you should do. Prison should not be a nice time, and comfy prison cells which include their own TV and PlayStation is definitely not what it should be about.

However, being beaten till black & blue by another thug is not either*.

* Depending on the crime of course. As obviously, neither of us know whether the above payout was to the a murderer or a burgular and I think that makes a massive difference in this case.

No-one got paid out because their bed wasn't comfortable enough though - that was the main point.

The bed compo was issued to several prisoners approx 18 months ago if memory serves me correctly they each recieved around £1500 .

Back