• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
I'm not sure whether:

• this is breaking news
  • It belongs in Chit Chat
  • It has any bearing on anything any more

But.......................

There's a whopping great SOLD sign on the front of Prospects College.

I've sort of lost interest in the whole stadium thing...What is the latest excuse for not building? Planning / Council selling Roots hall, Town centre complaints??? What are we due to hear next? Waiting for Ron, Council, British Land, Sainsburys??

Anyone have any clues are are we all in the dark??

Thread in Fossetts Farm forum has the latest. We're waiting for a full planning application to be made by Ron/BL (scoping request predicted it would be submitted in May, so late again as usual).

I'm not sure whether:

• this is breaking news
  • It belongs in Chit Chat
  • It has any bearing on anything any more

But.......................

There's a whopping great SOLD sign on the front of Prospects College.

It may have some bearing, depending on to whom they've sold it. If it's us then it shows there's still things going on behind the scenes and plans for the site which is good news I suppose but to be honest it's the plans for FF that we're waiting for, it's already been claimed that the sale of the RH site will no longer dictate when work can start on FF.

It may have some bearing, depending on to whom they've sold it. If it's us then it shows there's still things going on behind the scenes and plans for the site which is good news I suppose but to be honest it's the plans for FF that we're waiting for, it's already been claimed that the sale of the RH site will no longer dictate when work can start on FF.

And that was the point of the post. Previously Prospects was a sticking point to access to RH. If it has been sold to anyone associated with the club, (British Land?) then maybe we are a step closer.

we saw ron going into office this morning with a great big brief case.

Is it reasonable to assume that no one has a clue who has bought Prospects?

Prospects principal and chief executive Neil Bates said: “After ten years of unsuccessful negotiations, countless failed agreements, and six years of holding a building unoccupied, the college has finally agreed a sale with a company who have stepped in and acquired the site.
“We are very pleased that we can now draw a line under this saga and focus on other things. To be clear the site could have been acquired by those that wanted to develop Roots Hall but they chose not to do so. I have no insight into why they did not do so.”
However, Mr Bates would not disclose who was the buyer of the site, nor for what sum, only that the transaction had taken place subject to contract, was expected to be completed next month, and was unconditional – meaning it was not dependent on planning permission or any other factors.
Despite all three parties at one point expressing an interest in purchasing the site, the Echo understands neither Southend Council, Southend United, nor Sainsburys – or any other food retailer – are the buyer.

Not really. It just means any Supermarket is a non starter, or would be on a smaller scale and a different entrance and exit. Ron and British Land might just go for all Flats and Houses at Roots Hall.

More than likely, I would have thought.
The Roots Hall site is quite large, others will have a better idea but I would have thought a development of up to four storeys would have no problem getting permission as St Mary's Court is already at that height, may even get a couple more in parts of the site. Also the Council is rather desperate to get housing development as they have a housing target to meet and Roots hall would be pretty much seem as brown field, apart from the green bit between the stands :winking:, as it has previously seem life as both a sand pit and landfill site in previous incarnations.
A medium-high density development would be a pretty good earner.

A reliable source tells me a supermarket is still very much part of the redevelopment plans for RH. I don't know the chain, or where on the site it would be constructed.

A reliable source tells me a supermarket is still very much part of the redevelopment plans for RH. I don't know the chain, or where on the site it would be constructed.

I can't see it being Sainsburys now.

Back