• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Prospects site

All Fam

I was driving past Prospects site on the corner of fairfax drive and there is an agents board there advertising the site for sale I thought this land was needed for the development for roots hall and that if I remember corectly that this was a deal made and just needed signing . if another buyer gets hold of this land where does this lead us with the development of roots hall and the new stadium

just thought I would ask to see if anyone knows

thanks

I was driving past Prospects site on the corner of fairfax drive and there is an agents board there advertising the site for sale I thought this land was needed for the development for roots hall and that if I remember corectly that this was a deal made and just needed signing . if another buyer gets hold of this land where does this lead us with the development of roots hall and the new stadium

just thought I would ask to see if anyone knows

thanks

Looks like Mr Prospects is true to his word then.

He said he would not deal with Sainsbury's or Roots Hall Ltd. again and would actively seek another buyer for the site.

According to him, contracts were drawn up several times and failed to be completed by either Sainsbury's or RH Ltd. A few months back he received an email from Sainsbury's saying the deal is on hold. This is what finally pushed him over the edge and he claims he will now not deal with Sainsbury's or RH Ltd.

Your guess is as good as mine what happens now. Either way it needs to be resolved sharp or the whole project is a non-starter.

Sounds similar to the slice of land at FF which the original owner was holding out for a price which RM wouldn't pay and he sold it to some one else IIRC then then sold to Lansbury who sold to RM at a far greater price than he could have paid at the outset.

Mind you if Tesco's bought Prospects it could seriously foul things up.........

Don't forget in all this process there is a CPO hanging over Prospects as there is with any property holding up the development.....they may be trying to get Sainsbury's to sort their life out but in the end it will only end one way.

Don't forget in all this process there is a CPO on Prospects....they may be trying to get Sainsbury's to sort their life out but in the end it will only end one way.

That's exactly how I read the situation... What with the press interviews and countless negotiations, I think it's just them trying to speed the process along by forcing Sainsbury's hand.

What I really don't understand is why the purchasing of Prospects and the Pizza shop has not been sorted a long time ago! Surely you look at those deals before you spend thousands on planning and such!

What I really don't understand is why the purchasing of Prospects and the Pizza shop has not been sorted a long time ago! Surely you look at those deals before you spend thousands on planning and such!

I would agree with that but we do not know when the CPO's were put into place and how long before they actually kick in.

well theres only 30 days or so before we are on site, busy building away to create our very own three sided ground, so Im sure its all really been sold and dealt with, Rons hardly going to lie to us about it is he!!

Back