• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Like to see him at Northampton as he deserves to be playing in league one next season.

Northampton and Cambridge among 7 clubs keen, and a fee is involved.
That can't be right, why would SEVEN clubs be interested, and why would anyone pay a fee- he is crap after all ! When was the last time SEVEN clubs were interested in one of our players

for the avoidance of doubt ; yes I am being sarcastic. I think Prosser will be a great addition to wherever he goes and wish him all the best for the future

I love the quote:
Det Ch Insp Paul Spicer said it was a "very complex investigation".

My 1st thought was.... Aaaah, Cardoza's been attending Ron Martin's night school for accountancy! :smile:

Barrett is gone in four months. Prosser is the obvious successor and if Luke had been born closer to the smell of cockles he would be just as popular. Fiercely loyal, totally professional, endured untold levels of **** said about him and very capable at this level. We should be the number one club in for him and do all we can to repair the rift.

Last edited by a moderator:
Barrett is gone in four months. Prosser is the obvious successor and if Luke had been born closer to the smell of cockles he would be just as popular. Fiercely loyal, totally professional, endured untold levels of **** said about him and very capable at this level. We should be the number one club in for him and do all we can to repair the rift.

Disagree. Barrett has been basically a rock everywhere he has played which is why he is treated so well and respectfully by fans of clubs everywhere he has played. It has absolutely nothing to do with where he comes from. Luke Prosser has done us proud but was never capable of being number 1 choice and too prone to mistakes especially if anything came near his right boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Chris Phillips Cambridge have bid 15K for Prosser.

Disagree. Barrett has been basically a rock everywhere he has played which is why he is treated so well and respectfully by fans of clubs everywhere he has played. It has absolutely nothing to do with where he comes from. Luke Prosser has done us proud but was never capable of being number 1 choice and too prone to mistakes especially if anything came near his right boot.

Agree with this.He is not good enough to be considered first choice. He has done well for us, and been very patient when you consider other players were put back in the team straight away after injuries/suspension, whereas Luke wasnt. Cant blame him for wanting to move on now and finally losing patience. Will do ok if he drops down a division, but not in league one.

It will be interesting to see the final fee, if ever we get to know. Two clubs making bids for Prosser and Worrall are probably just as skint as we are, if not more so. Bury still have HMRC to satisfy and Northampton have been dodgy financially all season.

He was excellent against Gillingham and in other games this season, so more than capable in League One, more than likely to nod one in against us if Northampton is the choice and they get promoted and we dont go up again. Likely to prove a few folk wrong I suspect. We shall see

I love the quote:
Det Ch Insp Paul Spicer said it was a "very complex investigation".

My 1st thought was.... Aaaah, Cardoza's been attending Ron Martin's night school for accountancy! :smile:

Are you sure that you're in the correct thread.:dim:

To all those who don't rate Prosser, the fact that there are 7 interested parties shows that they all see something you don't.

Some people have short and selective memories.

Part of a very solid defence pairing last season and in what, his 5th year of service with the club?

Prosser.jpg

To all those who don't rate Prosser, the fact that there are 7 interested parties shows that they all see something you don't.

There all league 2 clubs, he is a basement division player.

I've seen mention of Northampton and Cambridge and they are FL2 clubs. Who are the other 5 interested and how comes you appear to know and I don't????

Actually...fair point..Ive kinda bit myself in the *** here..:blush:

It has been quite a while since I read any awful, personal attacks about Luke on here; he has, rightly, earned the respect of most by his whole hearted play. He has made huge improvements from 4/5 years ago and most would wish him well when he goes to another club.
Mr Brown and his team have evaluated him and where he fits with us for the future 1/2 seasons in Div 1 and challenging for the Champs and they have decided they can bring someone in who will be more in tune with what they want; they are the people that see Luke most days AND are the professionals.
Other professionals in Div2 are interested in Luke to add to their teams.
I don't believe it is personal however some posters on here might believe otherwise, emotional for them maybe and I hope they can find some solace in the memories of Luke's good times and stuff.:zzzzz:

I'm sorry but luke is a committed player with limited ability. Even now with Barrett nearing retirement he is much better than prosser is likely to ever be. Am i slightly biased for a local lad? Maybe but Barrett is a legend and I doubt prosser will earn that accolade at any club.

If we harbour any thoughts of being a top league 1 side then we need to look way above the likes of prosser and barrett

Back