• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is Barrett fit enough to be risked for a JPT game? Think we're more likely to see Rea and Bolger with Barrett being given the last 20 minutes or so.

Listening to Phil's post match interview, he isn't happy with Luke. Will we see the return of the Adam and Cian partnership on Wednesday?
I didn't hear the whole interview. Did he single out prosser? I only heard him talk about the teams defending. I don't see how any one single player could be singled out for both their goals.

Not sure Brown would seek to encourage a blame culture and hence this thread is badly titled.

it was Bolger and Rea who missed their headers ...so barrett or thompson should start alongside prosser on wed night. bolger is a mistake waiting to happen and not brave enough for a big centre back

it was Bolger and Rea who missed their headers ...so barrett or thompson should start alongside prosser on wed night. bolger is a mistake waiting to happen and not brave enough for a big centre back

Cannot agree with this. Bolger for my mind is the starter and its a matter of who starts with him. Bolger does have errors in him but so do most players at this level. He does however win headers, he is a threat in both boxes and he rarely gets out muscled.

Disagree totally. Both Bolger and Prosser make mistakes at times, but Bolger has shown many times this season how calm he can be under pressure, and both he and Prosser also show a no nonsense style in getting rid of the ball. They both have also equally put their bodies on the line and shed blood!

I like them both but I do think the obvious change is to bring Barrett back in and put him alongside Bolger.

Dont blame anyone in paricular, just tell all of them the old mantra " If in doubt , put it out" , and make sure they know how to welly the crap out of a ball when required....

Dont blame anyone in paricular, just tell all of them the old mantra " If in doubt , put it out" , and make sure they know how to welly the crap out of a ball when required....

Agreed,

We have league 1 players who have to know two things

1/Play the way your facing
2/Row z is safe as houses.

Agreed,

We have league 1 players who have to know two things

1/Play the way your facing
2/Row z is safe as houses.

Indeed! After both their goals yesterday I said what a shame none of the players had Peter Clarke's mentality of just hoofing it out to row Z !!!

Is Barrett fit enough to be risked for a JPT game? Think we're more likely to see Rea and Bolger with Barrett being given the last 20 minutes or so.

Although AB was on the bench yesterday his thigh was quite heavily strapped so not sure whether he's fit enough to start on Wednesday.

Indeed! After both their goals yesterday I said what a shame none of the players had Peter Clarke's mentality of just hoofing it out to row Z !!!

Decision making is not a strong thing with both Bolger and Prosser. I haven't spoke with either so I don't know how smart or not they are: BUT I have seen them play, and seen they can be very slow in adapting to what is going on around them - neither will move forward with the ball at feet when space becomes available and both also seem always to take too many slow touches every time they have the time which is not good when players want fast ball or are looking to make runs into space where off side is the result of fannying about. Very limited in many areas,(but strong in fitness and heart) however, for Luke, the availability of Adam must be a challenge on his starting position.

How far away from fitness is Thompson? I thought he was playing really well before his injury.

Decision making is not a strong thing with both Bolger and Prosser. I haven't spoke with either so I don't know how smart or not they are: BUT I have seen them play, and seen they can be very slow in adapting to what is going on around them - neither will move forward with the ball at feet when space becomes available and both also seem always to take too many slow touches every time they have the time which is not good when players want fast ball or are looking to make runs into space where off side is the result of fannying about. Very limited in many areas,(but strong in fitness and heart) however, for Luke, the availability of Adam must be a challenge on his starting position.

I thought both Prosser* and Bolger were okay yesterday although Bolger stood out more for me.

For me, if Barrett is fit I would play him alongside Bolger - the reason being that I think Bolger is a better player when Adam is alongside him. Barrett does the talking, gives the instructions and I think that makes it easier for Bolger to concentrate on doing the basics of defending.

* And regular readers will know I am not a great Prosser fan so well done to him.

Although AB was on the bench yesterday his thigh was quite heavily strapped so not sure whether he's fit enough to start on Wednesday.

If he is not fit he shouldn't be on the bench - we all know rushing back a hamstring injury is the best way to ensure the tendons are buggered again. Not sure that S.U.F.C. would be so unprofessional to do that.

Last edited:
Listening to Phil's post match interview, he isn't happy with Luke. Will we see the return of the Adam and Cian partnership on Wednesday?

I didn't hear the whole interview. Did he single out prosser? I only heard him talk about the teams defending. I don't see how any one single player could be singled out for both their goals.

The echo interview is printed here, again I don't see the manager singling out Prosser, so I have no idea where this thread got its title. No one else has come back saying that they heard Brown single out Prosser

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/blues/13954215.Furious_Phil_threatens_changes/?ref=rss

I've just watched the 1st half v Scunny on Blues Player .... ( just managed to stay awake ) ... but a few things stood out: Weston & Worrall did indeed look lively and Timlin was inspirational in the middle. Rea was neat and tidy but slows the pace of our play down too much. Bentleys distribution and handling was exemplary but the overriding thing you couldnt help notice was Luke Prossers talking throughout the game. His communication was 1st class , you can hear him bossing everyone all around him , telling players where they should be , who they should pick up , when theyve got time etc. I know this is basics but everyone else in our team barelt syas a word. We lack leadership imho so IF John White is injured wednesday , with Timlin suspended i wonder if Luke will take the armband ??

Back