• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Protest Confirmed

The SoS Committee met this evening, and have decided to vote unanimously in favour of organising a protest at Roots Hall for the last game of the season. Arrangements are now being organised. Details will be published in the next few days.

Save Our Southend
Count me in....

Subject to any unforeseen circumstances, i will be there wearing my 2005 Marching on to Cardiff play off final T-shirt!.
Brought it opp The Prince of Wales pub after the game, reduced from £10 to £5, as the vendor said no fans were buying them!!.
Most pleasing thing, is that 16 years later it still fits!. Strength in numbers, hopefully we're get a good turnout?.

The SoS Committee met this evening, and have decided to vote unanimously in favour of organising a protest at Roots Hall for the last game of the season. Arrangements are now being organised. Details will be published in the next few days.

Save Our Southend
You need to say what your protesting for cause for all I know at the moment it could be that we play in a blue kit! Obviously I know that’s not the case Scott but would be good to understand the grounds for the protest so that people can make an informed choice ?

You need to say what your protesting for cause for all I know at the moment it could be that we play in a blue kit! Obviously I know that’s not the case Scott but would be good to understand the grounds for the protest so that people can make an informed choice ?

Absolutely correct comment to be making. This is something we will be publishing as soon as possible, but we are mindful that we want to work with others, see what happens with discussions this week and, of course, we will be lead by whether we still have a survival chance on the day.

Watch this space!

Two questions from me.

If by some miracle we get to the final game and victory could keep us up, will this still go ahead?

Second (this could well be the same answer as above) question I have is not quite the purpose of the protest but the message. Is this a sell the club demo or is this a get your head out of your arse and accept the unified charity and undying passion that is so willingly throwing itself at your doorstep to help save our football club from the abyss demo.

The only protest I feel would really change some thoughts in our esteemed dictators brain channels is the get your head out of your arse protest but happy to go and support either in these dark times.

Sea sea seasiders

The Protest has now been backed and endorsed by our friends at @CustardSplatPod - please give them a like on Twitter and why not check out their superb podcasts! We will continue to speak with other groups to bring everybody into the fold for joint action to SAVE OUR SOUTHEND #sos

Good to know that the protest has been backed and endorsed.
Does that mean that someone knows what they will be protesting about?

Two questions from me.

If by some miracle we get to the final game and victory could keep us up, will this still go ahead?

Second (this could well be the same answer as above) question I have is not quite the purpose of the protest but the message. Is this a sell the club demo or is this a get your head out of your arse and accept the unified charity and undying passion that is so willingly throwing itself at your doorstep to help save our football club from the abyss demo.

The only protest I feel would really change some thoughts in our esteemed dictators brain channels is the get your head out of your arse protest but happy to go and support either in these dark times.

Sea sea seasiders
Thanks for the message....To boil down our objectives.... for clarity these are:-

We are a lobbying and campaigning organisation. Our aims
• To ensure the sustainably of the Southend United Football Club and safeguarding our future
• To ensure proper planning and due diligence are in place
• To ensure that the supporters are treated with honesty and respect

Two questions from me.

Sea sea seasiders
As to your first point, yes things still go ahead, nothing changes the fact the club has been in our view and many mismanaged. Things should not be allowed to be glossed over because we managed to stay in the league

Sounds good Scott, but how will you know when these have been achieved and you can stop protesting?
It’s always an ongoing thing with the club, we hope strong unity and good numbers will raise the profile of what the issues are at SUFC and help enact change whether that be with Ron or not, much of this was born out of meetings with the club that became pointless, the proverbial straw has broken the camels back for so many now.

Save Our Southend

I will be there, as I was last Saturday. Hopefully we will get a better turn out next time ? but great effort from all who went ?

Back