• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Protest details and video

Typical abuse to fan of 50 years for expressing an opinion!!

Better late than never surely? SOS is trying to make change happen, why have a pop now, what did you do to effect change? Get behind the cause surely... negatively ain’t going to help :Facepalm:

I would like to know why the Shrimpers Trust logo has been omitted from this poster?

The wrong one was put up. We created two last week, before the Trust statement. One with and one without.

As soon as the person who has the artwork is on line, it'll be rectified.

The wrong one was put up. We created two last week, before the Trust statement. One with and one without.

As soon as the person who has the artwork is on line, it'll be rectified.
Yes, thank you. Scott has messaged me to apologise.

I do hope many, many hundreds turn up...imagine if half of the usual home attendance show up! We need a show of unity for our own sakes regardless of anything else. I said elsewhere on here a while back that all us Shrimpers are going to need one another this summer, this protest is part of that healing and knowing that others feel the same level of passion, love and hurt as you do.
It's why we support our local team. It's why this board is so successful.

I do wonder though how best this might take place? In my own (admittedly morose, depressed) mind, I feel that hundreds (hopefully a thousand odd) fans sitting in stoney silence in the car park, flags flapping in the breeze, scarfs on the floor has a huge impact. It also feels more fitting in a sense. A lot of us feel that this relegation feels like the death of the club, so a protest in the mold of a wake makes a lot of sense to me.

Stange question to ask, but those of us that travel by car to RH, will the car park be open? Assume the club won’t be too keen on the idea?

I would suggest parking a bit further away. You don't want your car used as some sort of improvised burning ramming type weapon......If it turns nasty.

Sky News reporting on events at Old Trafford: "Some fans wanted this to be peaceful and constructive. Other fans wanted to make people sit up and take notice and they're doing just that."
It could be argued one method draws more attention than the other. See Blackpool & Charlton in recent years also.

So is this gonna be a proper protest or are we just gonna stand around the car park waiting for ron to turn up shout abuse at him for 20 seconds then all go home like against orient ??? Why not do something a bit different like Charlton did all take tennis balls etc throw them over the stands when game starts also are their any plans to try and disrupt the game / gain access to the ground etc like man utd did today , if they hadn't done that then it would not have been reported etc , otherwise it'll all go unnoticed , stop being so nice and worried about upsetting this person or that one , we have just lost our league status!!! Bring back the supporters of the late 80's early 90's , proper protests and wouldn't have spent 2 years talking about it , COME ON SOUTHEND LETS GET SOME FIGHT IN US AND MAKE PEOPLE LISTEN

So is this gonna be a proper protest or are we just gonna stand around the car park waiting for ron to turn up shout abuse at him for 20 seconds then all go home like against orient ??? Why not do something a bit different like Charlton did all take tennis balls etc throw them over the stands when game starts also are their any plans to try and disrupt the game / gain access to the ground etc like man utd did today , if they hadn't done that then it would not have been reported etc , otherwise it'll all go unnoticed , stop being so nice and worried about upsetting this person or that one , we have just lost our league status!!! Bring back the supporters of the late 80's early 90's , proper protests and wouldn't have spent 2 years talking about it , COME ON SOUTHEND LETS GET SOME FIGHT IN US AND MAKE PEOPLE LISTEN
One thing is for sure Csmblue if the police get any advanced warning of a possible ground invasion then the demonstration won’t be allowed to proceed. I think Southend fans have plenty of fight thank you very much.

One thing is for sure Csmblue if the police get any advanced warning of a possible ground invasion then the demonstration won’t be allowed to proceed. I think Southend fans have plenty of fight thank you very much.

I've mentioned this before and my opinion hasn't changed, nor been changed, that we as fans haven't been as proactive as we could and should have been in the last few years. In this our darkest hour, we can't absolve ourselves of any blame at our plight. I'm guilty of this as are we all.
I applaud the planned protest for Saturday (its been long overdue) and I hope there is as much publicity and acknowledgement generated from it as possible.
Like it or not, scenes at old Trafford reached a far wider audience than noise in a car park ever would.

I've mentioned this before and my opinion hasn't changed, nor been changed, that we as fans haven't been as proactive as we could and should have been in the last few years. In this our darkest hour, we can't absolve ourselves of any blame at our plight. I'm guilty of this as are we all.
I applaud the planned protest for Saturday (its been long overdue) and I hope there is as much publicity and acknowledgement generated from it as possible.
Like it or not, scenes at old Trafford reached a far wider audience than noise in a car park ever would.
Well Welly 7 the vast majority of the fans at the Man U protest today didn’t like it and I’m sure you would agree that the injuring of Police officers is not the way forward..

Back