• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Protest details and video

The time for action is now if you want to save this club. See you next Saturday at 12.00.
The time for action was a year ago. Don’t get me wrong, it’s great the action that SOS and others are taking now, but it’s too late. We needed this a year ago, when there was still hope of staying in the football league. Look at the response to the s hit-show that was the ESL, the protests were immediate, not months down the line. I can’t help think that RM yet again gets away very lightly with mismanagement and neglect of our football club.

So is this gonna be a proper protest or are we just gonna stand around the car park waiting for ron to turn up shout abuse at him for 20 seconds then all go home like against orient ??? Why not do something a bit different like Charlton did all take tennis balls etc throw them over the stands when game starts also are their any plans to try and disrupt the game / gain access to the ground etc like man utd did today , if they hadn't done that then it would not have been reported etc , otherwise it'll all go unnoticed , stop being so nice and worried about upsetting this person or that one , we have just lost our league status!!! Bring back the supporters of the late 80's early 90's , proper protests and wouldn't have spent 2 years talking about it , COME ON SOUTHEND LETS GET SOME FIGHT IN US AND MAKE PEOPLE LISTEN
This is a crazy idea as if forcing access to the ground is going to do anything other than label Southend fans as hooligans.
Its not big its not clever and it certainly isn't the right thing to do to be throwing bottles and fences etc. at police as Moan U fans did. All it will do is force a split in a fairly unified fan base

do you honestly think making a load abuse is going to **** Ron Martin .Sadly you are wrong .Yes its time for a change and hopefully Stan is the man to start that prosses I think Ron knows he is not a liked man .But like the good fans of man utd all they have done is get the club in the news for all the wrong reasons . Dont make the same stupid mistakes . protest is one thing shouting abuses does nothing .Sadly Ron Martin is not about to hear you like he has not in pst years a protests .

I will be there on my crutches, and will probably shed a tear or two for what maybe the last time Roots Hall hosts a football league game.

Sad to see discord still amongst the fans on here. As the rally is titled we need to be United for Change, and make a stand now before we end up in our own ESL, that being the Essex Senior League.

Bit late to protest now!! Club has fallen into NL oblivion. We all saw it happening and did little but post comments on here. Good luck with getting back in the EFL, that will be nearly impossible with present setup. Thanks for 50 years of happy football memories. Goodbye SUFC.

Top half of the National League is not that dissimilar from Div 2. The key is to get promoted within 3 seasons, otherwise you could end up like another Wrexham. With the last 3 seasons being a absolute disaster, In some ways this may give Southend the chance to rebuild and start the recovery.

The time for action was a year ago. Don’t get me wrong, it’s great the action that SOS and others are taking now, but it’s too late. We needed this a year ago, when there was still hope of staying in the football league. Look at the response to the s hit-show that was the ESL, the protests were immediate, not months down the line. I can’t help think that RM yet again gets away very lightly with mismanagement and neglect of our football club.
It's easy to say this with hindsight... but now is not too late. If something isn't done now, we could be facing another relegation come next May and be saying "we should have done something when we lost our league status".

And I don't get this criticism of inactivity in the past by people who are complicit in that very (non)act. What did you do a year ago when we, as you say, needed this?

And I don't get this criticism of inactivity in the past by people who are complicit in that very (non)act. What did you do a year ago when we, as you say, needed this?
A year ago things were very different socially though, weren't we all under strict lockdown? There is no way that the police would have sanctioned this protest last year, as they have done now.

A year ago things were very different socially though, weren't we all under strict lockdown? There is no way that the police would have sanctioned this protest last year, as they have done now.
I think if the season hadn’t been ended due to COVID and fans were allowed in the ground it might’ve been different. I think it hasn’t helped that we were so close to staying up this year, we still had a shred of hope. Last season that hope was gone by Christmas. This time it’s been heartbreaking to watch really.

It is right to be able to protest and the frustration is clear. Having watched the zoom meeting, Ron says one thing and does something else but I believe that continuing the dialogue and challenging is better than creating a video and booing him when he gets out the car. I really hope the rally/protest is done in the right way and we aren’t reading about the game being called off and the trophy cabinet being emptied come Sunday morning.

It is right to be able to protest and the frustration is clear. Having watched the zoom meeting, Ron says one thing and does something else but I believe that continuing the dialogue and challenging is better than creating a video and booing him when he gets out the car. I really hope the rally/protest is done in the right way and we aren’t reading about the game being called off and the trophy cabinet being emptied come Sunday morning.
That won't take long. The Essex Senior Cup will fetch a pretty penny.

How soon we forget. Yes, a year ago we were all under house arrest for 23 hours each day. The virus was a deadly unknown killing us by the thousand and a vaccine was a distant dream. Thank goodness for the skill and dedication of our scientists and health experts.

I think the music to the video could've been different - something like Man in the mirror

I'm starting with the man in the Bentley
I'm asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you wanna make the Blues a better place
Take a look at yourself and then make a change

any other appropriate song lyrics?

Big Country - Harvest Home

Who saw the fences falling
Who broke the ploughman's bread
Who heard the winter calling
Who wore the tailor's thread

How many sheaves were counted