• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Protest on Saturday

Are Wrexham waiting on one council to agree to 450 houses on their current site. A new stadium on another site that needs major local traffic alterations. They also have to agree 800 houses on another part of the new site as a separate part of the deal. Do Wrexham then have to get permission for a new and upgraded academy on land under a different council. Do they also have to get permission for an overflow car park on council number 2's land in order to help out number 1. Do Wrexham have to deal with 2 councils who traditionally won't cooperate with each other which is why the towns relief road has never been built in the first place despite 25 years in the planning. Has Wrexham town council always been able to sneer at its own football club safe in the knowledge that rather than get voted out the fans will always blame the chairman no matter who it is....

By all means go and protest but remember a few things. The Rubins already had plans to build a new West Stand when I went to my first game in 1974.

Ron has promised to not call in £20m of debt if FF goes through and clearly has had enough, which is why he tried to sell last year......One of the usual Ron hating suspects called for demonstrations at his house.....If i was Ron and that happened I would lock the RH gates and call in that debt.....Forget covenants the council will give up up very inch of FF to housing when it suites them. Some clubs will go bust due to government restrictions for professional football but they will rise again......We won't because there will be no land available.

As I found out the hard way with spiteful people full of hate controlling my union....Demonstrating and striking can be the worse thing you ever do, if you don't do it right and have an end goal. So be honest with yourself. You wanted promotion, you wanted better players on longer contracts....You wanted mangers and their staff sacked, you wanted players paid off and replaced....You wanted Ron to spend the money....We were all partners in the crime so don't try and get out of it with "Please miss it was Ron that made me do it".....If anything it was us that made Ron do it.

If you can be honest with yourself, then look at the people who shout the loudest about Ron.....You know the ones who don't go to games but have a dodgy iFollow connection for £60 per year..... Whilst you pump your hard earn't money into the club. Their own personal crusade of hate, does not have the fans interest at hart....Not mine, not yours

I was at Aveley last night for the Grays game. I could walk round and do as i like and spend money....If you really want to save your club you should protest about the ridiculous over reaction, whilst others are enjoying a marvellous shooting season. Hundreds of people on a plane is fine but not in a football stand. That is the real reason we are where we are. That is the reason why no L1 or L2 clubs will be able to pay their players.... The 400k to the tax man will be insignificant by next March. All EFL fans need to unite. Now is not the time for individual and personal gripes.

Christ alive I’ve hit a nerve with that one:Whistling:

Are Wrexham waiting on one council to agree to 450 houses on their current site. A new stadium on another site that needs major local traffic alterations. They also have to agree 800 houses on another part of the new site as a separate part of the deal. Do Wrexham then have to get permission for a new and upgraded academy on land under a different council. Do they also have to get permission for an overflow car park on council number 2's land in order to help out number 1. Do Wrexham have to deal with 2 councils who traditionally won't cooperate with each other which is why the towns relief road has never been built in the first place despite 25 years in the planning. Has Wrexham town council always been able to sneer at its own football club safe in the knowledge that rather than get voted out the fans will always blame the chairman no matter who it is....

By all means go and protest but remember a few things. The Rubins already had plans to build a new West Stand when I went to my first game in 1974.

Ron has promised to not call in £20m of debt if FF goes through and clearly has had enough, which is why he tried to sell last year......One of the usual Ron hating suspects called for demonstrations at his house.....If i was Ron and that happened I would lock the RH gates and call in that debt.....Forget covenants the council will give up up very inch of FF to housing when it suites them. Some clubs will go bust due to government restrictions for professional football but they will rise again......We won't because there will be no land available.

As I found out the hard way with spiteful people full of hate controlling my union....Demonstrating and striking can be the worse thing you ever do, if you don't do it right and have an end goal. So be honest with yourself. You wanted promotion, you wanted better players on longer contracts....You wanted mangers and their staff sacked, you wanted players paid off and replaced....You wanted Ron to spend the money....We were all partners in the crime so don't try and get out of it with "Please miss it was Ron that made me do it".....If anything it was us that made Ron do it.

If you can be honest with yourself, then look at the people who shout the loudest about Ron.....You know the ones who don't go to games but have a dodgy iFollow connection for £60 per year..... Whilst you pump your hard earn't money into the club. Their own personal crusade of hate, does not have the fans interest at hart....Not mine, not yours

I was at Aveley last night for the Grays game. I could walk round and do as i like and spend money....If you really want to save your club you should protest about the ridiculous over reaction, whilst others are enjoying a marvellous shooting season. Hundreds of people on a plane is fine but not in a football stand. That is the real reason we are where we are. That is the reason why no L1 or L2 clubs will be able to pay their players.... The 400k to the tax man will be insignificant by next March. All EFL fans need to unite. Now is not the time for individual and personal gripes.
You are Ron and i claim my fiver

Reactions: Ted
Protests. It's quite the thing of the times right now. Frustration, uncertainty, yeah i get it. So many of us on very different paths to what we expected to be on all of a sudden, so many of us experiencing loss or hardship.
Or just not allowed to go abroad for a **** up. You name it, its happening in 2020.
I'd actually just be really invigorated with smacking Morecum this weekend, but again, i can understand others frustrations.
Stay cool Shrimpers.

Itll be **** for players moral, **** for our new manager and more **** publicity for a club already in the ****.

Totally wrong time for me. But its a free country (sort of).

It would be interesting to have a poll on this
I will be there
I won’t be there
I would be there if I could
And of course bart

personally I won’t be there , and don’t agree with the aims of the protest

Itll be **** for players moral, **** for our new manager and more **** publicity for a club already in the ****.

Totally wrong time for me. But its a free country (sort of).

Thats only if the players don't agree that the owner is a problem. I can say as a fact that many of the squad when we last protested were disappointed there wasn't more pressure on the chairman.

Thats only if the players don't agree that the owner is a problem. I can say as a fact that many of the squad when we last protested were disappointed there wasn't more pressure on the chairman.
How long ago was that, it’s a compete.y different squad and this one is much younger, with a new manager. Timing makes no sense.

you will say I don’t care or understand etc, I get frustrations, but this is not going to help right now

Seems the threat of a protest has already got Ron worried! Statements of payment been made. Obviously has to happen but it's better than any response the wait and waste away lemmings have produced.

Seems the threat of a protest has already got Ron worried! Statements of payment been made. Obviously has to happen but it's better than any response the wait and waste away lemmings have produced.

I don’t know that it has to happen. We’re all worried, but Ron’s question about ‘what is the objective’ is a pertinent one. Ron leaving in a flash would not be a great move for the club. More information and reassurance is welcome from Ron (if it leads to actions which match words) and perhaps on that basis the threat of a protest may have helped, but if Ron wasn’t there tomorrow nor would the club be - make no mistake.

He didn’t sound worrying, he quite belittled the idea of a protest.

personally I think it wil,do more harm than good nd the timing is awful.

i get people’s frustrations but now For me at least isn’t the right time, as he said In His interview be careful what you wish for, if he walks and the club goes then maybe the protest would have done its job eh? I don’t think he will walk so the club will remain thankfully

i get people’s frustrations but now For me at least isn’t the right time, as he said In His interview be careful what you wish for, if he walks and the club goes then maybe the protest would have done its job eh? I don’t think he will walk so the club will remain thankfully
It’s been suggested it might demotivate our players and motivate Morecambe. But not if cunningly they all had Morecambe scarves...

The fact he now wants to answer questions has proved just the idea affected him.

The 'be careful what you wish for' crowd has supported the mess we are in now.

Back