• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I can think of league teams not a million miles away from me that would be happy to get anywhere near our attendances. For myself I have only managed 3 home games this season, however in one of our most successful seasons they have all ended 1-1! If i was a neutral I doub't that I would have returned after the first, but I'm hoping to make the Rotherham game, what are the odds on another draw?

Hope nothing is blocking the contract as still no word about it on the official site. Anyone know if the deal has been signed?

Fans I have spoke to that can only afford a certain number of games a season say that £21 is far too much as they have hardly any spare pounds in their pocket in these hard times. After all, we are in League Two. £16 would be a fair and doable price to pay. If you set the bar too high, you can't complain about attendances.

A slight tangent, but do the club still do majorly discounted season tickets for youth? The reason myself and a group of my mates are Southend fans is because we got our first couple of season tickets at £40 for the season in the Family Stand.

I don't think this would lose the club any money, and it would gain them a good amount of lifelong fans too.

And good comments from Tara Brady on GC - if he are thinking of succession planning, I think we have a candidate when Luggy decides to eventually hang up his kilt...

Chris Phillips said on Twitter about 2 players who have interest from Championship teams in the echo, anyone read who?

Fans I have spoke to that can only afford a certain number of games a season say that £21 is far too much as they have hardly any spare pounds in their pocket in these hard times. After all, we are in League Two. £16 would be a fair and doable price to pay. If you set the bar too high, you can't complain about attendances.
I agree with that but Ill also raise the issue again about why I havent bought a season ticket - if, like me, its difficult to attend night games its just far more sense financially to buy tickets each indivdual Saturday instead. I havent worked out exactly how much you save if you could attend every match - but I think its a fair question that is the financial incentive to buy a season ticket generally great enough?
Also a season ticket is a lot to fork out for all at once - perhaps this already exists - but maybe a club direct debit scheme could be arranged spreading the costs over 12 equal months?

I never re-newed my seaso this year after having the same seat for 8 years,due to the fact that I go with my dad and he works nights and finds it hard to get to evening games,with there being more and more evening games,and with monies tight it was easier to buy tickets for the matches we wanted.
I've only missed two home games this season and probably won't miss another till the end,which in the end will prob cost me more,but was unhappy the price went up this season,and didn't really enjoy league two hoofball last year so didn't re-new.
In comparison I went to MillwallvCardiff few weeks back and my ticket in the away end was only £23,for championship footie,but the football wasn't alot better IMHO lol

Luggy EXTREMELY talkative in his Shrewsbury preview.................not, of course, to say too much........but he did take thirteen minutes to say it! A few small morsels:-
1) Flood is really a gamble (not an expensive one I would wager), he's got something about him but way off the fitness
we expect and we shall have to wait and see whether he's a quick learner (reckon he's got about 4 months!)
2) Talked about his new contract and claimed that he was only about quarter of the way through his task to transform
the club into what it should be. (top half of League One, pushing for promotion, if I understood correctly)
3) The next ten days should be very important and could determine our prospects for the rest of the season.
4) Favours goal technology..........but that's about all. TV coverage an video replays puting great pressure on refs and
linesmen's decisions. People far too quick to be critical of the officials......they are only human and will make mistakes,
that's all part of the game.

I never re-newed my seaso this year after having the same seat for 8 years,due to the fact that I go with my dad and he works nights and finds it hard to get to evening games,with there being more and more evening games,and with monies tight it was easier to buy tickets for the matches we wanted.
I've only missed two home games this season and probably won't miss another till the end,which in the end will prob cost me more,but was unhappy the price went up this season,and didn't really enjoy league two hoofball last year so didn't re-new.
In comparison I went to MillwallvCardiff few weeks back and my ticket in the away end was only £23,for championship footie,but the football wasn't alot better IMHO lol

You are not the first to mention that we are playing more evening games. But I'm not so sure about that, it may seem like more but quite a few of those have been cup games which you can't really count. Not got time to have a look right now but I will have a look at how many 'extra' evening League matches we are now playing compared to the past few seasons.

Was quite surprised to find we only have 2 saturday games till the end of the season,don't think midweek games help the attendances much.Also it always seems the nearest distance and derby games home or away are never on saturday .Is there a reason for this ? .Think the start of FF and promotio will start to help gates.
You are not the first to mention that we are playing more evening games. But I'm not so sure about that, it may seem like more but quite a few of those have been cup games which you can't really count. Not got time to have a look right now but I will have a look at how many 'extra' evening League matches we are now playing compared to the past few seasons.

As has surely been read now by members on here, The official site reveals the Club are to open talks with a number of players regarding new contracts.

Unfortunately the Crawley game would have been a big one but now its on TV may not be as big. Tenner a ticket would be a good boost (£5 is too low for a top of the table clash).

I've got a mate in basildon who is connected to a youths/boys football team, whose club have been offered tickets for the Crawley game at £3 per adult!!!!!!. Presumely you have to bring a junior with you for the same amount (or less?).

I've got a mate in basildon who is connected to a youths/boys football team, whose club have been offered tickets for the Crawley game at £3 per adult!!!!!!. Presumely you have to bring a junior with you for the same amount (or less?).

There's hundreds of vouchers been distributed to schools where they can get tickets for £2 an adult and £1 for kids ... bit of a smack in the face for those that bought season tickets at £350 or so a pop

Back