• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There's hundreds of vouchers been distributed to schools where they can get tickets for £2 an adult and £1 for kids ... bit of a smack in the face for those that bought season tickets at £350 or so a pop

Double edged sword really.

If the same adults come week after week for £2 then as-ST I think thats wrong.

However if were getting kids in week in week out then I am totally for that. The seats are going dead anyway so I would rather fill them week in week out and hopefully some of the fans stay into adulthood. More fans = more money = better side = I'm happy so really I'm all for promotions.

There's hundreds of vouchers been distributed to schools where they can get tickets for £2 an adult and £1 for kids ... bit of a smack in the face for those that bought season tickets at £350 or so a pop

then i hope people who have had hamsters leaflets stuffed through there doors takes up this offer and comes and watches a good game of football its cheaper that trudging up to the east ham, yes its a smack in the face for us season tickets holders but whatever way the club tries to boost the attendance there get shot down

Double edged sword really.

If the same adults come week after week for £2 then as-ST I think thats wrong.

However if were getting kids in week in week out then I am totally for that. The seats are going dead anyway so I would rather fill them week in week out and hopefully some of the fans stay into adulthood. More fans = more money = better side = I'm happy so really I'm all for promotions.

Well I can say that it was one of those tickets that initially got me (back after many years) and my son (for the first time) to Roots Hall three seasons ago. For the last two seasons we have returned every Saturday home game and took our first away game at Northampton last week - so it worked in our case

Well I can say that it was one of those tickets that initially got me (back after many years) and my son (for the first time) to Roots Hall three seasons ago. For the last two seasons we have returned every Saturday home game and took our first away game at Northampton last week - so it worked in our case

I run a boys team and so have access to these tickets, I think its a great idea and can state that becasue of these a few dads now regually bring their boys to roots hall.
May be controversial but to me we should be doing more and more of this . If you let someone in cheap but you gain a fan for life then its good business. Whilst we are top of the league and scoring (which kids generally need or else they get bored quicker than adults) ) surely this is the time to do these promotions ?

At the same time I agree it is not fair on season ticket holders and I do not pretend to have the answer to that one.

I used to attend 3 or 4 games a season when I was about 12, got offered a season ticket for a tenner the following year and thought I'd be quids in for the number of games I attended. Of course once I had the ticket, I realised I'd be even more quids in if I attended every game, so I did. The following year I got offered the same deal and attended every home game again.

30 years later, I'm still a season ticket holder and my 16 year old son is now hooked too!

Cheap tickets work and can make fans for life.

SOUTHEND 'TIL I DIE!

Back