• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PS3 Broken!

sufc_dave

Manager
So basically I've had my ps3 a good 3 years or so now.

It's not used very often, but I decided to play some Walking Dead and Batman.

However, halfway through my Batman game the ps3 decided to die. Now I can't turn it on (The red light just blinks and makes 3 beeps).

Very frustrating as I can't get the game out. I've looked on Youtube and seen a few videos involving 'the hairdryer trick' to allow me enough time to get the game out etc.

Does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to repair? Or is it worth saving up for a new one/PS4 when it comes out?

Quick google and two possible causes/solutions.

One is its overheating, which seeing as its very hot may explain it. But if after cooling down it still doesnt come on seems unlikely.

The other is a hard disk issue, for some it seems to be reseating the hard disk, ie unplugging it and back in again, fixes it. One guy just replaced the drive with another Sata drive and it worked.

I dont have a PS3 myself so cant confirm any of that.

With the DVD tray dont suppose it has a tiny hole like you would get on a PC does it? That hole is the manual release and works by putting a paper clip in and pushing, no idea of PS3 has that though but worth a look.

Personally if its fubar Id wait till the new one comes out (or maybe pick one up on ebay?)

My PS3 did that, my mate was borrowing it and now when it turns on, the light goes yellow and then turns off.

Does anyone know if PS3s can be sold for parts?

Personally, I would just wait for the PS4 to come out instead of spending money on it and then getting the PS4 later.

So basically I've had my ps3 a good 3 years or so now.

It's not used very often, but I decided to play some Walking Dead and Batman.

However, halfway through my Batman game the ps3 decided to die. Now I can't turn it on (The red light just blinks and makes 3 beeps).

Very frustrating as I can't get the game out. I've looked on Youtube and seen a few videos involving 'the hairdryer trick' to allow me enough time to get the game out etc.

Does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to repair? Or is it worth saving up for a new one/PS4 when it comes out?

I used the hair dryer trick to get the game out, then traded the console in store for credit (as working) to put towards a new one! Give it a go, nothing to lose

Back