• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PS3 or XBOX 360

Slipperduke

The Camden Cad
Once again, I must call upon the collective brain of ShrimperZone. I've finally finished my book and the second installment of what I can only loosely term an advance is on its way to my bank account. Now, I could do a lot of thing swith this. I could pay off my credit card, I could go on holiday, I could invest in an arms dealer. However, I don't want to do that.

I want to replace my rickety old Playstation 2. Unfortunately, I haven't read a computer magazine since they stopped making Your Sinclair and I haven't got a clue which one to get. I'm tempted to stick with Sony as they've always done me well, but is there anything I should know? What's the difference between a 40GB and a 80GB? Do I keep songs on these things nowadays? When's GTA4 coming out? Will I ever get a life?

Ta.

PS3 . Theres not really much in it , but you do get a built in Blue-Ray player . The games are catching up , there are no longer exclusive titles for any platform. And quite frankly Microsoft are scum :D

So Stan met you in the end?

Tragically not. We arranged four seperate meetings over the course of January and we didn't manage to do any of them. I know that Stan pops in here from time to time, so I will say only that he was replaced by Nigel Spackman (FA Cup 1988) and that if he wants to be in Football Fables 2, he knows my number and I'd be delighted to see him again. It will be a poorer book without him.

I have a Xbox 360 and a Wii keeps me entertained for hours on end.

I had this dilemma before Christmas and the good people of SZ assisted me then and came up with the 360, and having bought one i now whole heartedly agree.

360 has a vast amount of titles and some cracking games along the way. The PS3 has had trouble attracting producers because of the delay of the console, although this will pick up now it's been released. 360 Dashboard is a lot better and more accessible than the PS3 Starting Screen and unless you have a HDTV with HD Cables (Free with the 360, not for the PS3) and a game that fully uses the BluRay capability, you really won't notive the difference in graphics.

Also, Xbox Live is brilliant, whereas the PSN is a bit choppy.

PS3 for me, cracking games and blue ray (of which Woolworths have now said they will only be stock blue ray films).

Also, get it from an airport (if you happy to be going away soon) like I did and save a few pounds along the way.

As I have stated I use the 360 for the games and the PS3 for the Blu-ray player.

So it came as a shock that I bought Burnout Paradise on the PS3 just because I didn't want to be owned by the achievements on the 360!! Probably because I usually get to 60% on these games and stop as I'm bored with it.

If I was to recommend a console these days it would be the PS3 however, the games are coming out now, and if you have an HDTV then Blu-rays look just awesome.

Backwards compatability is a sticking point, and the 60GB version which does have it can reach nearly £500 on ebay for a brand new console!! I could sell my 10 month old version on ebay and still make profit by buying the 40GB version. However, I expect that Sony will release the backwars compatability as firmware update at some point. Probably charging a few bucks on their store.

If you're thinking 360, wait a month or 2 and buy the 360 Ultimate.

Same console, with a HD-DVD Drive, Wifi enabled, 360GB HD and other extras.

Has to be the 360. The games are not catching up yet with the PS3 yet, and GTA is supposedly hitting both at the same time.

Maybe in a year you could look at the PS3, but at this time, there just isn't enough out there to warrent buying one.

Ive got a PS3 and I think it's quite good. I can't recommend either way as I haven't really experienced the 360 enough, but with the games like Metal Gear Solid 4 and Little big planet coming out, as well as the new online revolution 'Home' the ps3 is the long term bet.

ps3 all the way for me its a better all round console and has that blue ray player. Its also cheaper in the long run as you dont have to pay for the online gaming ( like you do on the xbox with xbox live)

Back