• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PS4 VR Stuff

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
My son wants to buy himself the PS4 VR headset etc, so I have been doing some research. It seems that you can buy a package that includes the camera, some leads and headphones. The problem is that we already have the camera, and (from what I have worked out) the headphones aren't really necessary since you can use whatever you have at home (although apparently the ones in the package fit better).

So I have a question for you all. Is the package worth it or should I just buy the headset? I'm not sure if it is possible to buy the headset by itself, but if it is, would that be sensible?

The other option, I suppose, it to buy the package and then sell the camera we've got to at least get some money back.

Any advice will be welcome.

I'd say get the bundle anyway and anything you do not need, someone would likely buy from you on eBay or the like 👍

I'd say get the bundle anyway and anything you do not need, someone would likely buy from you on eBay or the like 👍
That's kind of where I was going.

Another question though, what about the handheld things with the coloured ball on the end? Do you need those? The reason I ask is that they're not included in the bundle and are about £150, and my wife has just sold a set on eBay for £85!

:Cry:

Another question though, what about the handheld things with the coloured ball on the end? Do you need those? The reason I ask is that they're not included in the bundle and are about £150, and my wife has just sold a set on eBay for £85!

I think those are the controllers for hand movement. If you're playing a game that requires hand movement tracking then I think you'll need those!

This video will tell you all you need to know

My son wants to buy himself the PS4 VR headset etc, so I have been doing some research. It seems that you can buy a package that includes the camera, some leads and headphones. The problem is that we already have the camera, and (from what I have worked out) the headphones aren't really necessary since you can use whatever you have at home (although apparently the ones in the package fit better).

So I have a question for you all. Is the package worth it or should I just buy the headset? I'm not sure if it is possible to buy the headset by itself, but if it is, would that be sensible?

The other option, I suppose, it to buy the package and then sell the camera we've got to at least get some money back.

Any advice will be welcome.
I have a total of 5 different VR sets from oculus/PlayStation and others, Play Ststion (Sony) have just announced a new headset to be released so you maybe better waiting? Especially if your lad is going to get a PS5

Not essential for all games but they do help with the immersion. I would seriously look up the new PSVR version/upgrade though I’m not sure on the release date

Back