• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

psss  "GO TO GRIMSBY"   PASS IT ON !!

Just thinking ahead a little I think we should really think big in terms of numbers that we take to Grimsby for so many reasons. Lets aim to take at least 5,000 yes at least five thousand to roar the boys home on the last day of the season. we need tp get as many of the Cardiff daytrippers along as afterall this game , if promotion or the Title still depend on it, will be of much more consequence than either of the Millenium matches . So lets start getting the word around , get coaches from pubs and clubs organised , get the Club to arrange special trains again , get your mates and family booked up , spread the word LOUD and PROUD , get the Echo talking about it , anyway you can think of but lets get the troops ready and head for Grimsby . Think big and lets take enough to make the Press/Media sit up and take notice. HAPPY ST. GEORGES DAY TO US ALL .

Are we going to get enough tickets for all that? There was talk of it pretty much being season ticket holders only.

I'm not spreading the word until I know I've got a ticket
tounge.gif

Yes, let's not take our eye off the ball here...

We've got two massive massive games before Grimsby, which will determine how important that game is. Let's concentrate on making a huge presence felt in those games first...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southampton Shrimper @ April 21 2005,21:59)]Yes, let's not take our eye off the ball here...

We've got two massive massive games before Grimsby, which will determine how important that game is. Let's concentrate on making a huge presence felt in those games first...
What i'm trying to say is that , no matter what happens between now and Grimsby it is going to be a massive game for the Club , one way or another , agreed ? As for keeping our eye on the ball , well , we are not the players or management team so you dont have to have the same psycological approach as them and kid yourself that we ,like the players can only take one game at a time !!! What I was trying to stress was that the sooner we get people committed to going to that game the better . I mean did people only start buying tickets and making travel arrangements for Cardiff after the previous League game , no , of course not. Dont you agree that whatever happens in our and all the other promotion hopefuls next 2 games that Grimsby will be huge and the more of us there the better ....??

wots away capacity at Grimsby? Could it really be just limited space for season ticket holders only as someone says above? Cant believe that - the Fishermen surely with nowt to play for wont be interested.

No, what I was trying to say was that there is a possibilty that everything could be wrapped up before Grimsby. It is possible that we could win the league title if we win the next two games (and other results go our way...), which will mean that there will be nothing riding on the Grimsby match. Sure, a great party atmosphere for the fans, but the game itself could be meaningless without all the tension of will we/won't we win the league/get promoted.

The second we qualified for Cardiff, everyone knew the result of that competition was going to be decided on April 10th at the Millennium Stadium, and people wanted to be there to witness a possible triumph in the same stadium as all the big cup finals are currently held. At present, we don't know when or where our fate will be decided.

I am definitely going to the Oxford and the Yeovil games because I know they are going to play havoc with my nervous system. I can't help feeling I would only want to go all the way to Grimsby if the result really mattered, and although it may well be the decider, we don't know that for sure yet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Shrimper @ April 21 2005,22:51)]wots away capacity at Grimsby? Could it really be just limited space for season ticket holders only as someone says above? Cant believe that - the Fishermen surely with nowt to play for wont be interested.
2200. To be honest, I'd never even considered that it would be a problem but someone mentioned earlier in the week that it would be a struggle to get a ticket unless you were a season ticket holder.

How many season ticket holders do we have?

oh well i tried !!! lets be content with 600 odd then and drop the subject. I'd love it to be all wrapped up by then but i really dont think it will be . The top of the Division has been so nip and tuck for months just feel it will go to the last day by which time loads of "Malcom Mightgo's" will have something else planned . I cant believe that you would "only want to go if the result really mattered" what about showing the players some solidarity and appreciation for a great seasonnot to mention a great party in the town for shrimpers !!! one way or another i dont think you will be able to stay away when it comes to it and you'll all be seeing me as a visionary !!!! happy st. georges day ps i think the Macc goals are gonna be on ITV in next 30 mins !!! byeeeee

As I've said, I'll be going to this game whether it matters or not in the grand scheme of things, or regardless of which part of the stadium I have to sit in.

I wouldn't have thought that season ticket holders would take all the tickets, so there should be plenty to go round I reckon.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (prittlewellshrimper @ April 21 2005,22:46)]
Yes, let's As for keeping our eye on the ball , well , we are not the players or management team so you dont have to have the same  psycological approach as them and kid yourself that we ,like the players can only take one game at a time !!!  
That's actually quite a good point....

Taking it one game at a time from a fans perspective is actually quite pensive. Surely, win or lose, we should endeavor at this stage to get as many fans to matches as possible to spur on the club.
I suppose the 'one game at a time approach' by us fans is a
psychological defence mechanism just in case of a disastrous end to the season.

come on... lets take 3,000 minimum. season ticket holder. its one of those games. home end or away end not much diff, just want to be there.

Sadly, I think this one could be a bridge too far for me. Train journey looks to be about 4 hours waiting for 43 minutes in Lincoln and a further 43 minutes in Grimsby. Can it really be that far between platforms??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ April 22 2005,11:07)]Sadly, I think this one could be a bridge too far for me.  Train journey looks to be about 4 hours waiting for 43 minutes in Lincoln and a further 43 minutes in Grimsby.  Can it really be that far between platforms??
DO IT! DO IT... GREAT PARTY ATMOSPHERE

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ April 22 2005,11:07)]Sadly, I think this one could be a bridge too far for me.  Train journey looks to be about 4 hours waiting for 43 minutes in Lincoln and a further 43 minutes in Grimsby.  Can it really be that far between platforms??
Huh?  From Lufbra, presumably you can get a Central Trains Cross-Country down to Peterborough, then a GNER up to Doncaster and then the Trans-Pennine to Cleethorpes... without the really long wait?

How's about this for an itinerary...

Station             Arr      Dep     Travel by  Operator
LOUGHBOROUGH           08:54   Train     CENTRAL TRAINS  
LEICESTER        09:06   09:16   Train     CENTRAL TRAINS  
PETERBOROUGH 10:17   10:44   Train     GNER  
DONCASTER      11:32   11:42   Train     TRANSPENNINE EXPRESS  
CLEETHORPES    12:56              

DURATION: 4:02  

Station             Arr       Dep     Travel by Operator
CLEETHORPES               17:29   Train     TRANSPENNINE EXPRESS  
DONCASTER       18:40   18:52   Train     GNER  
PETERBOROUGH  19:37   19:52   Train     CENTRAL TRAINS  
LEICESTER         20:51   21:08   Train     MIDLAND MAIN LINE  
LOUGHBOROUGH  21:19      

DURATION: 3:50

Saver return with YP - £23.65

What's wrong with this? Ok, resonably long wait in Barnetby wherever that might be but a pretty short journey.

LOUGHBOROUGH       09:03   Train   CENTRAL TRAINS  

LINCOLN CENTRAL   10:14   10:21   Train   CENTRAL TRAINS  

BARNETBY   10:54   11:24   Train   TRANSPENNINE EXPRESS  

CLEETHORPES   11:53              

DURATION: 2:50  

CLEETHORPES 17:29 Train TRANSPENNINE EXPRESS

GRIMSBY TOWN 17:35 18:06 Train CENTRAL TRAINS

LINCOLN CENTRAL 19:01 19:24 Train CENTRAL TRAINS

NOTTINGHAM 20:21 20:30 Train MIDLAND MAIN LINE

LOUGHBOROUGH 20:44

DURATION: 3:15

£16.55 with YP

I take it you're not going to Oxford? Now that's a journey!

smile.gif

Damn Firefox, telling me it timed out then posting my message anyway.

Just to add something new, I may be able to make it in that case but I feel you have just made up a station for convenience Katecat!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ April 22 2005,11:53)]Damn Firefox, telling me it timed out then posting my message anyway.

Just to add something new, I may be able to make it in that case but I feel you have just made up a station for convenience Katecat!
well ya did, twice..

Back