• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

To Snog or not to Snog.

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Had a "Networking" night last night at Walthamstow dogs where basically you go out and meet loads of other people in similar lines of work and chat about how you might be able to help each other etc. In truth its just an organised **** up.

Woke up this morning feeling rough which i think was mainly due to too many bottles of San Miguel last night. Over slept a bit so had to really rush to make the train. Feeling rough I sat down unprepared for all that was about to unfold.

Two teenagers got on opposite me. She had a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp and he was a spotty ginger with a comb up front of hair quiff thing and then dragged down the rest of his head from there. This in itself was bad enough as they had faces only a mother could love.

Just looking at them made me feel unwell but then it got worse. They proceeded to snog each others faces off for the whole trip to London the sum total of 58 mins. I am not talking a little peck this was like eating each others faces off. He kept grabbing her kebab like legs too.

My poll today (as I have a funeral Friday) is as follows "Are public displays of affection ever accceptable". I am not talking a bit of holding hands or arm round the Mrs which is fine - More snogging in public.

Your thoughts on this political hot potato please.

Last edited:
It's not acceptable at all, it's ****ing horrible.

No-one's overflowing with passion on the ****ing No.57 at 8am, no-one. That means that displays like this are the direct manifestation of two individuals complete lack of self-esteem. They snog, not for each other, but for themselves. They yearn for love, but first they have to love who they are.

In short, they're *****.

It's not acceptable at all, it's ****ing horrible.

No-one's overflowing with passion on the ****ing No.57 at 8am, no-one. That means that displays like this are the direct manifestation of two individuals complete lack of self-esteem. They snog, not for each other, but for themselves. They yearn for love, but first they have to love who they are.

In short, they're *****.

profound my good man

are you just testing the water with this poll to see if people will be grossed out at the sight of you and Southend Lady snogging in broad daylight?

Glad you ticked the public voting option Dave... It'll be interesting to see how a couple of the SZFC lads vote.......................

Glad you ticked the public voting option Dave... It'll be interesting to see how a couple of the SZFC lads vote.......................

For your information, I voted "These people are scum and a total waste of oxygen". And you definitely cannot accuse me of ever doing that!

Nope I dont really agree with public affection. Nothing wrong with the odd kiss or so but eating each others faces is pretty unacceptable I would say!

No.....no......and thrice NO.

This was going on in the middle of Southend High street last Saturday. Two teenage goths, you know the ones I mean, the ones that hang around by the sorry excuse for a clock outside WH Smiths. All in black, guys with more make up that Elizabeth Taylor on a bad night out, girls with more bits of metal protruding from their face than an oriental hanging basket, all waring boots the like of which were last seen in abundance back in the 70's down the seafront on a Bank Holiday Monday..........oh wait, I'm digressing........anyway.

There they were, the guy with both his hands rammed down the back of this girls jeans having a good old rummage around as if looking for a lost Werthers Original and her with her hand up the front of his t shirt presumably tweaking whatever piece of steel he happened to have had stapled to his chest and all the while their faces locked in mortal combat as if they were trying to suck the living daylights out of one another.

God only knows what the poor people sitting in Burger King trying to eat their flame grilled thought of it all. Personally I found it gross in the extreme.

I really felt like going over and saying to the guy 'Oh for Christ sake, just shag the ugly troll will you, I have' but maturity got the better of me and I sloped off feeling quite unwell.

I'd say it depends. On the 7.37 at rush hour is not acceptable, but sometimes, a kiss, with a slight slip of the tongue, can be fine. depends on the length of the kiss is you ask me, and the amount of people in the vicinity.

Why is that Goth couples are always the same?

The boy is always tall and skinny with lank hair and the bird is always as wide as she is tall?

I like to watch them in parks in the summer, wandering around in their black cloaks and have bets on which one will faint first.

Which ones? I can remember a night at Reflex when "The General" generally snogged/stroked/canoodled with his missus for about 7 hours straight, barely coming up for air....:minger:

Johnny Vegas said it best: "public displays of affection are like smelling your own farts...it might be nice for you but it's not very nice for other people....."

:cry:

Last edited:
There's a time and a place for public displays of affection, rush hour on a train is not one of them, if however, walking along a beach on a hot summer day, a quick snog is ok.

Which ones? I can remember a night at Reflex when "The General" generally snogged/stroked/canoodled with his missus for about 7 hours straight, barely coming up for air....:minger:

Johnny Vegas said it best: "public displays of affection are like smelling your own farts...it might be nice for you but it's not very nice for other people....."

:cry:

Yes, this p*sses me off immensely. (Sorry General although not actually referring to you as never seen you do that!)

Why come out for a night yet not talk to anyone else?! Why stand there all night holding onto your partner like they are about to fall off a cliff?!

Why??!!!

It really really p*sses me off. In fact I would probably say it is in my top 3 most annoying things in the world!! I am fully aware I have my own faults and that sometimes I am too much of a lads lad, but there really is no need for it!!

STAY AT F*CKING HOME IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SOCIABLE!!! :thump:

It's a teenage thang, isn't it? Surely there isn't a single member of this board who, during his teenage years, had a few too many at the school disco and tried to play tonsil hockey with the first thing with a pulse?

That being so, is that not a public display of affection, and are we not all guilty of the same?

I know that I'm guilty as charged. However, ******* face and doing a David Bellamy (*) at 8.00 a.m. on a train into work is a crime against humanity, and should be treated as such.

Matt

(*i.e. to explore deep in her undergrowth...)

_39298870_bellamy3_bbc_300.jpg

Back