• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubs 4th July

Please everyone - if you do go to the pub and find yourself less than 2 metres from the next person make sure that you can move away from them within 10 mins and keep washing your hands. It won’t prevent you catching it but it may well minimise the potential to catch it
Or ... stay home!

Reactions: ESG
Most of the pubs in Benfleet are a grim prospect at the best of times.

I may grab a beer at The yacht club or Barge Gladys if the weather is good.

Do they still use it as a location for certain types of film?

Not a chance until we see how it all pans out. Then will maybe give the Leigh Brewery ago as it is outdoor only.

Please everyone - if you do go to the pub and find yourself less than 2 metres from the next person make sure that you can move away from them within 10 mins and keep washing your hands. It won’t prevent you catching it but it may well minimise the potential to catch it

I would have thought the toilets were probably the most risky place in a pub at the moment.

I just can’t see how social distancing will work after people have had a few. Also after closing time, you can’t tell me all those punters will safely disperse and not hang about. Thank goodness I don’t live next to a pub.

I'm down to visit the Broker on Sunday, they're opening between midday & 4pm. Table service only, numbers limited by appointments, time slot limited, hand sanitiser compulsory upon arrival, no access to the bar.

Whilst it doesn't sound like a load of fun, it will be in a pretty controlled environment. I wouldn't fancy rocking up to a Wetherspoons where, as I understand it, they're allowing bar service and first come first served entry...

I'm down to visit the Broker on Sunday, they're opening between midday & 4pm. Table service only, numbers limited by appointments, time slot limited, hand sanitiser compulsory upon arrival, no access to the bar.

Whilst it doesn't sound like a load of fun, it will be in a pretty controlled environment. I wouldn't fancy rocking up to a Wetherspoons where, as I understand it, they're allowing bar service and first come first served entry...
Jesus. It's the staff I feel sorry for.

All I can see is a big addition to the numbers finding themselves in hospital, not because of the virus but because “That’s not a ****ing metre is it mate!?” isn’t a friendly and effective social distancing tactic. Blokes. Beer. Cramped bars. Lower “match fitness” for alcohol drinking and over-ordering (4 pints each now?) to save queuing up in 10 minutes. Throw in a bit of realistic stress about the virus itself and it’s going to be kicking off left right and centre.

And I’m a bloody optimist!

Spot on, recipe for disaster. I do miss the pub but I'm in no hurry to return, cans of red stripe in the garden with guests for me

That's mental considering they have a working app for table service already functional pre Covid. Wetherspoons should be the best equipped to provide a good safe environment.

That's mental considering they have a working app for table service already functional pre Covid. Wetherspoons should be the best equipped to provide a good safe environment.

It works really well too, I used it for the first time last year at Stansted airport and it was excellent.

From what I read, their ordering app isn't compulsory... Not wishing to stereotype (although I probably am about to...) I would say a fair percentage of their clientele may not have smartphones. I may be wrong of course...

Actually, their website says to use the App where you can, otherwise to form queues at the tills.

Pubs set to reopen at 6AM ??

6:02am down first pint and tell everyone who’s willing to listen, just how much you’ve missed this.

6:49am treat yourself to a full English

7:23 Encourage your fellow boozers to join you in a round of Rule Britannia, God Save The Queen & Engerlaaand.

8:32am nip down to the garage or the shop to get some more fags, because you’ve already run out

10:15am have a good clear out in the toilet, and come out joking that it must be Covid.

11:42 order a mixed grill to soak up the 8 pints you’ve had so far.

12:28am feel wrecked, make the call, (because you’ll never make it all the way through to closing otherwise) ask if he’s doing tick

12:42 make another call and ask him how long he’s gunna be now

13:57 need another clear out

15:16 make another call, see if he’ll tick some more

16:52 start cuddling people, telling them you don’t care about social distancing, and it’s all a load of bollocks anyway.

17:45 the evening people start arriving, they look interesting. Tell them how much you’ve missed all this.

19:07 make another fag run, because you’ve given out half the deck to your new post-lockdown, pub friends

20:30 tell someone your conspiracy theory for why covid doesn’t exist

20:33 find someone else to tell your conspiracy theory too.

21:02 tell the barman to whack the football on, you don’t care who’s playing, but you’re not missing it

21:04 pop to the toilet for another cheeky line. Find a like-minded soul, and tell each other just how much you’ve missed all this

21:30 argue with the barman because he’s had the audacity to call last orders

22:00 demand at first, then reason with, before eventually trying to bribe the barman for one more pint

22:04 see what everyone outside is doing and where they’re going after

22:14 no **** wants to do anything, so stagger off on your own, deciding whether you can be bothered to get a kebab or just go home and finish the packet instead

22:16 have a sit down on the bench for a little livener, because it’s a long walk afterall.

22:20 *scene missing*

The next day;

07:24 wake up on the couch, wondering why you’ve only got one shoe, how you’ve cracked your phone, and why you’ve got the advertising board from out the front of the corner shop, sitting in your living room.

It’s good to be back

Back