• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubs 4th July

I won't be going to a pub tomorrow, not because I have any fear of the Wuhan Plague (I believe the odds of survival are still stacked in my favour) but just because I don't like crowded places at the best of times and the pubs that open are going to be inevitably busy.

But after the initial novelty of going to the pub has worn off I think that all the regulation hoops that customers are going to have to jump through will make visits less a relaxing evening out than rather a test of endurance and many people will not bother to go back until the restrictions are lifted.

If that is not relatively soon then I fear that many pubs will go out of business, open or not.

A bit like football clubs playing behind closed doors I don't think that many pubs are going to survive with all these "regulations" in place for too long.

Giving it a miss this weekend as it will be chaos but will try The Broker in Leigh on Tuesday. Craving a draught pint.

It definitely won't be the same but I'll take it.

Those planning a trip to the Broker do provide feedback as that’s my local. I feel they’ll get it right. I’ll be avoiding the Elms, for sure.

Those planning a trip to the Broker do provide feedback as that’s my local. I feel they’ll get it right. I’ll be avoiding the Elms, for sure.

It's my local too...

Our table has been confirmed 12-4pm! they're giving us 4 hours which means they're probably not that busy...

Upon arrival we have to sanitise our hands and provide contact details before being shown to our table. Card only, no going to toilets in groups or leaving for smoking breaks (we don't).

Football isn't being shown.

A very different experience than I'm used to but at least its a few hours out. I'll let you know how it goes.

It does make me wonder how many pubs will survive this, especially if the experience is a negative one. The same for restaurants as well, I have a sad feeling that the high street might look very different next year.

Really?

I hope they do. Its an off place but great for a post bike ride beer.

I used to be a member...
I hope he does too, it's the only decent (and most idiosyncratic) place to drink in Benfleet. He keeps the beer well too.
However, there has been no sign of much pre-opening activity there and Cyril himself is well into the "shielding" age group.
And he may well think that all the "hoops" that he will have to jump through are, as he might say, "just too much ****ing trouble" .
I hope I'm wrong though.

Ditto The Roebuck:Facepalm:
Walked past the Elms earlier and seemed quite organised, though on the way back home via Station Road I saw one fella being held up by his two mates looking suspiciously like he’d ****ed himself. This was around 4pm. I feel sorry for Essex Police tonight.

Reactions: ESG
Walked past the Elms earlier and seemed quite organised, though on the way back home via Station Road I saw one fella being held up by his two mates looking suspiciously like he’d ****ed himself. This was around 4pm. I feel sorry for Essex Police tonight.

Sister works for 111 on Isle of Wight. They are having to do extra shift this as evening lots of hassle is expected.

Drove past the Bell House earlier and quiet there.
They have put in extra seating outside which were empty but, I suspect the weather played an important part today and if it had been a bright sunny hot day then I suspect more people may have ventured out

From the limited information shared so far it looks like the 'Armageddon' feared by most did not transpire yesterday.

Of course there were the usual selfish few who can't/won't abide by the rules but in general most people were sensible. Perhaps this will help to lead us out of this mess

Back