• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubs in the London Bridge/Selhurst Park areas

hexagon_sun

Manager
I'll be stopping for a few refreshments en route tomorrow night - are any pubs at London Bridge/Selhurst Park designated 'Shrimper Zones' for the evening?

Never been there before but looks like an excellent choice - I'll definitely be popping for one.

Handy as I can almost see it from the office.

I work at LB and go home via Croydon everyday so I think I have a rough idea.

Avoid at all costs the Barrow Boy and Banker as that is a Millwall pub on away days. By London Bridge market porter is good but my only concern is your still a 20 mins train ride from Palace. My line has been awful recently.

In Palace itself I am not really sure where to go as never been drinking age at any of the grounds at this level really. Meant to be an OK at Thornton Heath but warning to all as its rough round there.

DtS

i think your best bet is drinking around LB prior to the short-hop to Palace. there's not that much around Norwood Junction, a few ok places in Forest Hill a couple of stops closer to London but it'd be a pain in the arse to break up the train ride. Market Porter for me, or those two pubs down Borough High St on the side alleys (the George, and one i can't remember?)

Has to be a couple of ales in the Market Porter and then the train to Norwood Junction. I was thinking of getting the 19:13 train - gets to Norwood Junction for 19:33, and then it's about 10 minutes' walk to the ground... perfect for the 8pm kick off.

smile.gif

Directions from London Bridge Station would be helpful. Had a look at multimap but its a tad vague and not easy to quite see exactly how to get there, for us not so cultured Londoners
biggrin.gif

Or in English - Come out the station via the exit by platform 11 (exit between Boots and the Bridge Pub). Walk down London Bridge Road past the London bridge hotel to the end.

Straight head of you in Green Dragon Court - Walk though the alleyway under the railways and there is the market. Go thorugh the market and the pub is infront of you on the corner.

DtS

Yep, definitely English...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Aug. 07 2006,14:27)]Walk though the alleyway under the railways and there is the market.
Sounds almost Shakespearean!

laugh.gif
tounge.gif

The Porter is a good pub, and does a great pint of ale if your into that pipe smoking cardy beardo stuff.. no matter how many maps you print off if you havnt been there before you will still take 10 minutes to find it..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Aug. 07 2006,14:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Aug. 07 2006,14:27)]Or in English ......... Go thorugh the market

DtS
In English? You sure?  
laugh.gif

wink.gif
Whenever anyone puts something like this you are require to make a mistake to allow other members of SZ to take the p1ss.
Oo.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Aug. 07 2006,15:18)]you are require to make a mistake
You're not kidding, Dave...

tounge.gif

Good directions, though, DTS - although I'd agree with SARF that it's not that easy to find. However, I'll be there, and fully intending to slip out as early as poss to get there for as near to 6pm as I can make it.

Game on.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 07 2006,15:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Aug. 07 2006,15:18)]you are require to make a mistake
You're not kidding, Dave...

tounge.gif

Good directions, though, DTS - although I'd agree with SARF that it's not that  easy to find.  However, I'll be there, and fully intending to slip out as early as poss to get there for as near to 6pm as I can make it.

Game on.

biggrin.gif
Walk down Green Dragon Court and go straight - You cannot go wrong. Above you is a restaurant called Roast. Once you see that keep walking and you can go wrong.

I would back Jamie Lawson to be able to find it from my directions.
laugh.gif

Back