• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southend utd, is akin to an elderly relative that lives in a home that you cannot be bothered to visit anymore. we are suffering a slow drawn out and pianful death. 3 1 at accy pretty much sums up where we have sunk to, with a ill manager at the helm, that no one else wanted , playing his son when he is ill in front of younger players, with a chairman at the helm who has escaped without any criticism, that my friends is us!!

sure we have all of martins defenders on here, that desperately bang out garbage when we suggest that clubs like accy and stevenage, all seem set up well, and have a possibility of promotion run on a budget probably the 10th of us, but whatever way you dress it up, we are going.

the players are a complete bunch of no mark journeymen, convicted criminals, and players who become cult figures for being sent off!! you couldnt make it up

remember this team is better than last seasons, with players with league 1 experience good enough to get promotion. remember martins comments about accy and morecambe played 4 drawn 1 lost 3

please someone take us out of the mess, as i fear the end of the club is very near, that is of course unless your one of the disciples on here like esb, yorkshire blue, firestome, dwb fbm jam man old blue rinse or beefy. then we are world beaters and eveyone else is wrong

wake up and smell the roses we are ****ed and going down the tube

I hardly think Ron has got away without being criticised.

I also think that Ron, love him or loathe him, is not going anywhere unless he wants to.

southend utd, is akin to an elderly relative that lives in a home that you cannot be bothered to visit anymore. we are suffering a slow drawn out and pianful death. 3 1 at accy pretty much sums up where we have sunk to, with a ill manager at the helm, that no one else wanted , playing his son when he is ill in front of younger players, with a chairman at the helm who has escaped without any criticism, that my friends is us!!

sure we have all of martins defenders on here, that desperately bang out garbage when we suggest that clubs like accy and stevenage, all seem set up well, and have a possibility of promotion run on a budget probably the 10th of us, but whatever way you dress it up, we are going.

the players are a complete bunch of no mark journeymen, convicted criminals, and players who become cult figures for being sent off!! you couldnt make it up

remember this team is better than last seasons, with players with league 1 experience good enough to get promotion. remember martins comments about accy and morecambe played 4 drawn 1 lost 3

please someone take us out of the mess, as i fear the end of the club is very near, that is of course unless your one of the disciples on here like esb, yorkshire blue, firestome, dwb fbm jam man old blue rinse or beefy. then we are world beaters and eveyone else is wrong

Whats the plan then?

Was being serious a plan of action is required!

A protest against the way Ron is running the club is needed. Maybe requiring a statement of intent to say things will be done on this time or XXXX amount of fans will boycott season tickets. If he cant provide then he should put the club up for sale.

Was being serious a plan of action is required!

Scott you should know by now that questions like that never get answered by the likes of CB, or anyone else for that matter. Some peoples glasses are perpetually half empty but this guy's seems to be completely devoid of any liquid whatsoever. Give it 12 months and I doubt very much if he's on here retracting any of the drivell he's spouted recently but you really can't expect anything else.

Oh well, I'll post again in about 2 months, or when I can be bothered, whichever comes first.

i think sir you dont know me, retraction never this has been going on, even when we were in the championship, the club is being run into the ground

southend utd, is akin to an elderly relative that lives in a home that you cannot be bothered to visit anymore. we are suffering a slow drawn out and pianful death. 3 1 at accy pretty much sums up where we have sunk to,

The same Accrington who are 6th and unbeaten in their last 6 before our game? Sums it up really, a team who are out of form (us) losing to a team well in form (them). Oh dear, do some research!

with a ill manager at the helm, that no one else wanted , playing his son when he is ill in front of younger players,

Blair was on the bench with Asante starting, this point is invalid.

with a chairman at the helm who has escaped without any criticism, that my friends is us!!

The amount of abuse Martin has received on here before you joined was outrageous and most people can't be bothered with thread when they talk about him! There are no "Martin defenders" on here.

For a team that was assembled in a few weeks, what the hell where you expecting? For "convicted criminals", this is stupid and this implied the team is full of them when only Hall is (as far as we know) if and players becoming a cult figure for being sent off? Jog on mate, he was a cult figure before that and one game doesn't change things.

A bit too late as we all know that we are on a downwards spiral, but posters on here (as the ones you have mentioned) use sense and make a sensible argument and look at both sides of the coin, unlike some who just sprout crap.

Looking forward to your next post saying that everything I said was rubbish and that I love Martin ......:zzzzz:

ha ha ha "jog on mate" love it the language of the terraces eh?? what a fool, no martin defenders, I asked the question some while ago if he had lied, and most of them couldnt bear to actually admit that their relative had lied?? Does cloesshessy accepting a caution for his part in the fight make him a convicted criminal??
where did I mention sturrock junior starting last night?? Jog on mate!!

Smokescreening awkward questions at the AGM won't solve this. Lack of ST renewals (which perversely won't help) may be the only material protest open to us. I'm actually closer to the Birdseye, Cricko and Ex-trust treasurer views on this. The club is in the **** and every week going by is a further nail in the coffin with too many of us sitting idly by. Do we have a magic solution? No but I find I hard to believe that any other chairman, apart from Anton Johnson and the scumbag that took York and a number of other clubs for all they were worth, would be quite so disastrous for us.

Meaningful and believable official communication from the club ZERO and not improved with the addition of Tara.

Embargo anyone? You know. I know. What's the club view. Wage payments ditto. FF who knows ?

Thanks Tony! :clap:

I must admit that hearing Paul Sturrock on the radio after last nights game he sounded very depressed, and unless something drastic happens with regards finances, then I would not be surprised if he walked.

43 players saying "no" is nonsense and just would not happen when clubs such as Lincoln/Morecombe/Accrington/Steveage all have signed players that would be of benefit to us. The only reason has got to be an embargo.

Not sure that Sturrock will continue to tow the party line if things drag onto the summer.

A protest against the way Ron is running the club is needed. Maybe requiring a statement of intent to say things will be done on this time or XXXX amount of fans will boycott season tickets. If he cant provide then he should put the club up for sale.

But the fans who boycotted getting season tickets this time last year and will not put money into RM's pocket are constantly slagged off on here for not supporting the shirt.

It is like the season ticket hike, 33% say they will not renew but come the time to renew many will because it is done out of habit. This time last year our family didn't renew our four season tickets, because of previous bull from the club. It was a very difficult decision to make, first match of the season felt strange not going to Roots Hall but after a while you adjust and learn that there is life besides SUFC. Now I only go to the odd away game (mainly for the new grounds) and wonder if the football was really that crap when I was blinded by the bug, I will be back at some stage as I have supported the Shrimpers since the early 70's but for me there are other things to spend my money on.

ha ha ha "jog on mate" love it the language of the terraces eh?? what a fool, no martin defenders, I asked the question some while ago if he had lied, and most of them couldnt bear to actually admit that their relative had lied?? Does cloesshessy accepting a caution for his part in the fight make him a convicted criminal??
where did I mention sturrock junior starting last night?? Jog on mate!!

I was referring to your point that he constantly picks his son, even if he is ill, instead of youngsters, and I showed you a example of where this did not occur. We all know that the majority of what comes out the club is a load of bollocks. Didn't actually know that Clohessy got a caution and don't know what he did, so I can't comment on that.

What a load of nonsense.

I have not defended Ron Martin or the running of the club in a long time, nor have any of the people you also name.

Just because some people look at things in a realistic and logical manner it doesnt mean they are Ron Martin supporters !

People are so keen to create a pro ron martin group to shout at they are even making lists now. Jeez.

Last edited:
What a load of nonsense.

I have not defended Ron Martin or the running of the club in a long time, nor have any of the people you also name.

Just because some people look at things in a realistic and logical manner it doesnt mean they are Ron Martin supporters !

Remember that not everybody on here wants a reasoned argument where life is made up of shades of grey. They prefer everything to be black and white, right or wrong. Oh, and anyone who holds a differing view to them is also in the wrong.

The great thing about discussion is that all parties should be prepared to at least acknowledge another's views.

Back