• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
For those doom merchants after Brexit

UK Retail Sales showing huge positive growth.UK GDP back in line with expectations. UK manufacturing had one of its biggest monthly jumps in 25 years. UK consumer confidence up. The pound starting to show signs of strengthening. Britain doesn't need Europe as much as Europe needs it. We Brits bitch and moan but when the poo hits the fan we graft. We never used to graft until Maggie destroyed most of the unions. There are still some lazy gits moaning about the Eastern European migrants 'taking their jobs'. I don't believe a word of that actually. I'm sure our lot wouldn't get out of the pub for the wages some of those are on.

On top of that second in the Olympics, we seemingly have more than one tennis star, Essex on the verge of cricket promotion, Southend United ready to launch its promotion campaign.

Great Britain, a nation envied by most of the rest of the developed world except delusional Americans.

For the avoidance of doubt I defend the right of unions to exist, God knows they were needed. I defend the rights of people to join unions and for unions to represent the wishes of their workers. I cannot defend a union movement that had this country on its knees. If it wasn't for Maggie I'm convinced we would be the Greece or Spain of Europe without the climate. Ask anyone what life was like in the 70s. In parts of it bread, sugar and even electricity were in dire shortage.

UK Retail Sales showing huge positive growth.UK GDP back in line with expectations. UK manufacturing had one of its biggest monthly jumps in 25 years. UK consumer confidence up. The pound starting to show signs of strengthening. Britain doesn't need Europe as much as Europe needs it. We Brits bitch and moan but when the poo hits the fan we graft. We never used to graft until Maggie destroyed most of the unions. There are still some lazy gits moaning about the Eastern European migrants 'taking their jobs'. I don't believe a word of that actually. I'm sure our lot wouldn't get out of the pub for the wages some of those are on.

On top of that second in the Olympics, we seemingly have more than one tennis star, Essex on the verge of cricket promotion, Southend United ready to launch its promotion campaign.

Great Britain, a nation envied by most of the rest of the developed world except delusional Americans.

Remind everyone where you work and live again. Presumably you moved there because it was a better opportunity for you.

Brexit means our chikdren no longer have the automatic right to live and work in the second largest economy in the world. That's why some of us are ****ed off.

Remind everyone where you work and live again. Presumably you moved there because it was a better opportunity for you.

Brexit means our chikdren no longer have the automatic right to live and work in the second largest economy in the world. That's why some of us are ****ed off.

I moved there because I can earn more money to secure my retirement. I still own property in the UK and my wife and kids are in the UK so the benefits also have drawbacks. Tax dodger? Possibly. Hard worker? Definitely.

HK is a life choice I made in my mid-40s to give my family a comfortable future in my 60s. I sympathise with the lost opportunity some people may perceive Brexit to be but results breed confidence and confidence breeds jobs. These will still be available in Europe, though clearly not as freely as before. I'm convinced that the doom merchants have it all wrong. Even after a short while the available economic evidence is encouraging.

Where are you getting these GDP figures from? They've only just released GDP figures for the second quarter (which was before Brexit), third quarter predictions aren't expected until October.

2nd quarter plus expectation for trend to continue

But you can't just assume the trend will continue. The first half GDP data is entirely pre-Brexit, you can't extrapolate that post the referendum result and the shocks that it had. There are positive and negative signals across the economy but you can't come out and say that 'the doom merchants' should be eating humble pie. Let's see how things look with the Q3 results in October

I saw this today

Lloyd's chairman John Nelson has said that the insurance market would move business from the City of London into the EU if it is not given guarantees about passporting rights.
Speaking on the BBC's Today programme, Nelson said that London being open for business to everyone was "extremely important" and that access to the single market and passporting rights were critical both for Lloyd's and the wider financial services industry.

that is tens of thousands of South East Essex workers , not only facing redundancy but with absolutely no jobs available.
I would imagine the knock on for City (east of the city particularly) rental income and the Construction industry would be equally dramatic.

I saw this today

Lloyd's chairman John Nelson has said that the insurance market would move business from the City of London into the EU if it is not given guarantees about passporting rights.
Speaking on the BBC's Today programme, Nelson said that London being open for business to everyone was "extremely important" and that access to the single market and passporting rights were critical both for Lloyd's and the wider financial services industry.

that is tens of thousands of South East Essex workers , not only facing redundancy but with absolutely no jobs available.
I would imagine the knock on for City (east of the city particularly) rental income and the Construction industry would be equally dramatic.

What effect does MIFID 2 have on Insurance or is it only for Banks?

I saw this today

The financial services industry is the only thing stopping South Essex turning into Merseyside.

What effect does MIFID 2 have on Insurance or is it only for Banks?

It has some effect but there are other European stuff that are of greater significance (eg Solvency II). But much of the "European" legislation is actually driven by the British. Or rather was. We have shot ourselves in the foot here by losing Jonathan Hill.

Financial.instruments do not form any part of day to day insurance. But there may be repercussions for the insurance companies who will want the best return on their premium income, particularly whilst rates are low.

Out of interest, who do you work for in Hong Kong. What does it involve?

Everyone knows there will not be a second vote....best out of three and all that(the stay group are still in denial, and think there will be) there would be anarchy, and the biggest devide ever!

We are out, but we are in limbo, the faster that artical 50 is set in motion, the better. Move forward and grow...... Sitting inbetween is not a good place. The pound and sales can then grow.

Yeah, even Australia are not so keen on a quick deal.

Asked if that meant a deal was some years off, Ciobo [Aussie Tade minister] replied:

Based upon what we’ve been told, if article 50 is present in Q1 or Q2 next year [the first or second quarter of the year] and then the two year year window in relation to that, so you would expect it is at least two and a half years off.

That Vegemite deal not so flowery.

Too many people are happy to spout about how great things look since Brexit, but then they are probably the same people that want instant change to their football team if things are not going well and we have not won the league by December.

The impact may and I use the word may be felt in two or three years time, so keep believing all is Rosy and I hope in two or three years you will be saying the same, and not sitting in a far post country

Feel for my worth having had years spent in the financial area and running my own company, we are plastering over the cracks, and in the future we will be hit hard hard and no one to run too except the British Public for more taxes/VAT.
The out campaign ran a very smooth slick operation, based on lies, however the downfall was the remain campaign from The Tories, Labour, Libdem, Greens, who I believe thought it was a foregone conclusion we would remain, and therefore didnot set out a good counter arguement

Call me Dave missed the opportunity to take on Boris live on TV, but said he would not argue against a member of his party, end of the day it was a free vote and this was a lost opportunity to show Bumbling Boris up

I really hope this country gets better, not in the future but now for NHS, Travel, Housing

UTS

Back