• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cockle43

Manager⭐
(Was) Back home on the North Bank now back in W.
Not seen it mentioned anywhere else.

I trust that the Swindon fans will be subject to the same investigation and vilification that ours received last year following them setting off two pyros in the North Bank during the second half of yesterday's game.

A steward told me that the perpetrators had been identified so I look forward to the following prosecutions being reported in the local press in the near future. :whistling:

Of course they'll be hauled up before the beak... Along with the Spam**** fan who did the same at the friendly...

Swindon have previous for this - the f***wits set one off in our (wooden!) stand a couple of years back.

Do we still get in trouble though? I thought you was still liable because your stewards should have checked them so it's your responsibility for the safety of the whole ground. Hope this isn't the case.

And our stewards stood by, looking clueless and did nothing. No one removed for it. All they want to do is bully the home fans. It's embarrassing.

One the whole the stewards are great but I cant stand the skinny stewards that look like Paul O'Grady. Spends his whole time pointing at young kids in the front few rows but never says anything at the back where the older chaps are who do just the same as the kids at the front.

I'm sure they've posted a picture of 50 innocent fans in the local paper whilst claiming to have working CCTV

IF, and I'm not for one second suggesting there will be any in the near future but IF a smoke bomb was to be let off in the Southend end again and the club receives that hefty fine we were threatened with after the Luton game then that lies with the stewards and their failure to deal with this situation Saturday.

It was not dealt with at all. No one was pulled out for it, so what is stopping a Southend fan thinking 'well if they get away with it, why can't I?!'

The double standards with our stewards are an absolute embarrassment, if it was ever to proper kick off one day they would be shown up again as they are the most inept bunch of neanderthals I have ever seen.

IF, and I'm not for one second suggesting there will be any in the near future but IF a smoke bomb was to be let off in the Southend end again and the club receives that hefty fine we were threatened with after the Luton game then that lies with the stewards and their failure to deal with this situation Saturday.

It was not dealt with at all. No one was pulled out for it, so what is stopping a Southend fan thinking 'well if they get away with it, why can't I?!'

The double standards with our stewards are an absolute embarrassment, if it was ever to proper kick off one day they would be shown up again as they are the most inept bunch of neanderthals I have ever seen.

Rubbish it lies with the idiots that bring them into the ground, they know its not allowed or even worse the so called "friends" who know they have them and think its a laugh

UTS

Rubbish it lies with the idiots that bring them into the ground, they know its not allowed or even worse the so called "friends" who know they have them and think its a laugh

UTS

I'm not saying it's right or I want them to be set off or I want the club to get fined but what happened on Saturday shows you can do it and get away with it and it set the wrong example

Did i miss something at the match. Was there a smoke bomb let off. I didn't see anything??

Not defending our stewards at all , especially as I was told on Saturday not to walk through the main car park to get to my seat in East Reds.
When I asked why ? , I was told because I need to be careful of the cars coming in.................
I explained ( very politely , for I am a polite person ) that at 55 , I would be ok and could look out for cars.
Anyway , my point is that although many of them do appear to be inept jobsworths , there is little they can do if they havent clearly witnessed the instigator.
If they try to eject the wrong person this would be wrong and also cause all sorts of issues.
If everyone needs to be searched then so be it , but to pick someone out from a crowd after it has gone off is pretty difficult IMO.

Not defending our stewards at all , especially as I was told on Saturday not to walk through the main car park to get to my seat in East Reds.
When I asked why ? , I was told because I need to be careful of the cars coming in.................
I explained ( very politely , for I am a polite person ) that at 55 , I would be ok and could look out for cars.
Anyway , my point is that although many of them do appear to be inept jobsworths , there is little they can do if they havent clearly witnessed the instigator.
If they try to eject the wrong person this would be wrong and also cause all sorts of issues.
If everyone needs to be searched then so be it , but to pick someone out from a crowd after it has gone off is pretty difficult IMO.

They hadn't witnessed the instigator either when one was set off against Luton but they removed someone to make an example, we had the opportunity to make the same example out of Swindon and failed.

They hadn't witnessed the instigator either when one was set off against Luton but they removed someone to make an example, we had the opportunity to make the same example out of Swindon and failed.

Your point is correct but also flawed in that removing the wrong person without cause isn't right.
Two wrongs etc ....
Using that logic , you may as well eject someone from the East stand.

Your point is correct but also flawed in that removing the wrong person without cause isn't right.
Two wrongs etc ....
Using that logic , you may as well eject someone from the East stand.

Do you want some suggestions?

Back