• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Q&A with Carl Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Napster

No ⭐
As per the title, any questions please ask. But please be patient, this isn’t a live thread! Mods can you pin please?

Apologies if this comes across as negative but I'd hate for the club to go from bad to worse.

I can't find any filings for seventy7 ventures at companies House except for the incorporation in 2021, why should we believe you have the funds to support the club financially?

Apologies if this comes across as negative but I'd hate for the club to go from bad to worse.

I can't find any filings for seventy7 ventures at companies House except for the incorporation in 2021, why should we believe you have the funds to support the club financially?
It would Need to go some got that to happen

Great question.

Seventy7 Ventures is similar to most other VC's etc in that it is effectively a brokerage for investment, and yes it is a new company.

The investment has been secured from a Monaco based pension fund - at this stage of the negotiations (or more accurately lack of) I'm not prepared to disclose exactly which one, but can assure you that they have had the tyres kicked by us insofar as the scope of investment, the split between club and development, and also the budget for sustaining the club going forwards.

As we've all seen, a project like this is beyond the reach of most individuals, and I'd be lying if I tried to pretend that I was fronting the money myself. But, we've got institutional funders who are in it for the long term.

Why does Carl claim there is not enough money going into the FF project ?

Has he done any developments himself?

Why does Carl claim there is not enough money going into the FF project ?

Has he done any developments himself?

My off the cuff response would be because I've seen it in the news since I was a teenager and it hasn't happened yet - but more accurately I'd claim there's not enough money going into the football club to sustain it.

As for developments, personally no however the team at Seventy7 are involved in some major projects in East London. We wouldn't have got the funding lined up if we didn't know what to do with it :-)

My off the cuff response would be because I've seen it in the news since I was a teenager and it hasn't happened yet - but more accurately I'd claim there's not enough money going into the football club to sustain it.

As for developments, personally no however the team at Seventy7 are involved in some major projects in East London. We wouldn't have got the funding lined up if we didn't know what to do with it :-)

When you was a teenager Sainsburys we’re going to fund the project….. I’m sure they had the funds.

Hi Carl, why now? I appreciate buying a football club isn’t something that happens overnight but as you’ve alluded to already and as we all know, the troubles this club has faced with its current owner in charge has gone on for many years. Why suddenly act now? And by the way, for what it’s worth.. I as I’m sure everybody else would welcome change and from the little you’ve said so far, it sounds positive.

As a 25 year old, my whole supporting life has been overshadowed by finance woes, new stadium BS, relegations etc. Id love to just support a club that isnt so constantly drowning in problems and can thrive. Therefore Ill spare you the obvious scrutiny of “where are the funds?” My question is where do you see the club (should you take over) in 5, 10 and 20 years? That’s both on the pitch and commercially. How will you make the club something the city can be proud of (which by the way I think a lot of us are but find it hard to show sometimes with the current state it’s in).

When you say acquire the development of FF, is this just the stadium, or is is the housing development as well?

If it is the housing development, do any plans change with planning permission? What happens with Roots Hall?

How would the new ownership work in line with Stan/TL? Do they want involvement in the day to day, or are they here purely for financial reasons?

Hi Carl, this all sounds very positive, but at the end of the day of the day if it is not your money, it is not your risk. It sounds like you're going to be a 'front-man' if you like, for the real investors.

It is great that you are a Blues fan, but the investors are not. Outside investors are looking for a profit, and not much else, and anything concerning pension funds is always a controversial topic - we all remember Robert Maxwell...

anything concerning pension funds is always a controversial topic - we all remember Robert Maxwell...
To be fair that was completely different. Maxwell defrauded the Mirror Group pension fund - they were not at fault. Also, pension funds own much of the corporate world, and the profits on those investments (the dividends that some commentators love to hate) pay the pensions of most of us.

Having said that, you’re quite right that a pension fund is unlikely to become a ‘fan’ of the club and keep throwing good money after bad when poor signings / team management throw the skids under the club finances.

Q - How does he know he has sufficient committed cash to buy the club, develop stadium etc - has Ron named a price?

Q- have any discussions with Ron (or other club directors) happened?

Q - How long ago was he 41 when he wrote to Ron, twice. Did he get any response from Ron?

Q - How does he know he has sufficient committed cash to buy the club, develop stadium etc - has Ron named a price?

Q- have any discussions with Ron (or other club directors) happened?

Q - How long ago was he 41 when he wrote to Ron, twice. Did he get any response from Ron?
Why are you addressing him as if he's not here? Direct your question at him, he's posted further up!
Q - Why go public now?
Because he's tried the private method and keeps getting ignored/fobbed off. It's as much to rat out Martin's propaganda as anything else. He's had numerous credible approaches over the years yet still has most fans on puppet strings with his propaganda that there is no credible alternative to him.

Why are you addressing him as if he's not here? Direct your question at him, he's posted further up!

Because he's tried the private method and keeps getting ignored/fobbed off. It's as much to rat out Martin's propaganda as anything else. He's had numerous credible approaches over the years yet still has most fans on puppet strings with his propaganda that there is no credible alternative to him.
Perhaps we can allow only Carl to answer the questions - it'll get very confusing if other people are putting words in his mouth on here.

Originally posted Q's in another thread - cut and pasted them in here as realized this was the correct place - didn't bother rewording the questions

What do the investors want in return for their investment?
What’s their end game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back