• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Anyone going to the Q&A this evening?

Would be good if we could get some reports on here afterwards or during...

Have the duo signed a contract?

Are the players and staff being paid on time?

Are there any loan deals in the pipeline?

Is Sturrock happy with the quality and quantity of the squad?

What are the ambitions this season?

I'd be more pressed to find out his long-term ambitions for the club, something he alluded to as a 10 year project in the LMA magazine... Whether it's simply to steady our ship until the stadium project is realised, or if he sees genuine potential for growth.

What similarities, if any, he sees between us and Plymouth.

What plans he has for the likes of Merrick-Lewis, and any other youths he's been impressed with, in terms of their inclusion in first team matters.

Questions for Sturrock:

What is the role of Billy Jennings?

What's his view of balding players sporting rat-tails?

Did he demand Scott Spencer have a more aerodynamic haircut?

Does he think he should be doing a bit more to turn SUFC into a family club - eg have another son?

If Mad Cyril was to have an unfortunate accident during a reserve game again, would you lend him a pair of tracksuit bottoms to change into?

Questions for Widdrington:

Can he actually understand anything the gaffer says, or is he a yes man in the Phil Neal role so that it doesn't matter, he justs says "yes, boss" regardlessly?

Who speaks the better English: Paul Sturrock or Bilel Mohsni?

Who has the best right-hook in training?

Could he beat Scriven in an arm-wrestling contest?

Anyone going to the Q&A this evening?

Would be good if we could get some reports on here afterwards or during...

Have the duo signed a contract?

Are the players and staff being paid on time?

Are there any loan deals in the pipeline?

Is Sturrock happy with the quality and quantity of the squad?

What are the ambitions this season?

me going, should be interesting night, will put a few things on but wont be in untill quite late, interested to know if he rates paterson or is looking to offload him.

...... both relegated last season and both currently 16th in theiir respective lower divisions..

I was thinking more along the lines of both being stereotypical yo-yo clubs who generally go between promotion and relegation on a regular scale and both are/were on the cusp of redevelopment/renovation plans under Sturrock's tenure. We also have a rather unique position of a large(ish) support base to exploit should we succeed, although obviously Plymouth's is far larger with a distinct lack of Premier$hite in their vicinity.

If somebody can ask if the stadium plans were a deciding factor in coming to the club and what news if any does sturrock have regarding the start of the build as ron has gone very quiet

It's being held in the Shrimpers Bar, Roots Hall at 8pm. Full details can be found here.

Please note that this is a Trust Members Only Event.

A Full Report including a video of the Evening will be posted on the Trust Website.

thanks for the help, any idea when the video will be on the shrimpers trust website?

Main points:

-Southend's ok but difficult to get a cold enough pint of lager
-Tommy's mum is gutted that Peggy Mitchell has left Eastenders
-Blair doesn't live with his dad, he is renting a bedsit in York Road and is thinking of serving up hash to make a few extra bob
-Sturrock is popping into Argos after training tomorrow to pick up a new beardtrimmer as his old one smashed when he dropped it on the bathroom tiles of his holiday inn room
-When Tommy first saw Kent across the estuary he thought it was France

Good and bad news in coming weeks (no indication but my guess may be grant). We have looked at 50 odd strikers of late. Widdercombe said he would have brought Matt Tubbs with him from Salisbury had he not 3 days earlier sold him to Crawley for £75k (he didn't know he'd be at southend at the time). Particularly gonna be paying attention to Ireland, Belgium, France in preparation for January window.Some players that we have got for 1 year will go but more will come in. Sturrock seems to think that the club needs to win the town back (popularity). Hopes Simpson will stay longer than Dec. Ben the physio is big boned apparently. PS had discussions with Darryl Flahavan about coming back but Darryl declined instead preferring a move to pompey as reserve keeper. Apparently PS decided to come to Southend on the Sunday he was offered the job, ironically the same day Tilson was relieved of duties. Boots and Laces has been done up but PS would like some Wire fence to keep rabbits out (200 odd metre's if anyone has some spare). PS/SUFC in discussion (meeting with headmaster next week) to buy a bit of land with football pitch from school next door to B&L. Pool Table now in B&L along with table tennis table and the Tennis court lines have been re painted next to the astroturf pitch. Sturrock's daughter is PS's ears on these message boards. She and Blair's wife hate Blair's Pony Tail. More P*ss taking needed to see that this disappears i reckon. On a lighter note, PS signed Rory Fallon at Plymouth coz his wife was fit.

Overall, i thought both PS and TW spoke very well. No questions were ducked and i came away certainly more positive than i did going in.

Good and bad news in coming weeks (no indication but my guess may be grant). We have looked at 50 odd strikers of late. Widdercombe said he would have brought Matt Tubbs with him from Salisbury had he not 3 days earlier sold him to Crawley for £75k (he didn't know he'd be at southend at the time). Particularly gonna be paying attention to Ireland, Belgium, France in preparation for January window.Some players that we have got for 1 year will go but more will come in. Sturrock seems to think that the club needs to win the town back (popularity). Hopes Simpson will stay longer than Dec. Ben the physio is big boned apparently. PS had discussions with Darryl Flahavan about coming back but Darryl declined instead preferring a move to pompey as reserve keeper. Apparently PS decided to come to Southend on the Sunday he was offered the job, ironically the same day Tilson was relieved of duties. Boots and Laces has been done up but PS would like some Wire fence to keep rabbits out (200 odd metre's if anyone has some spare). PS/SUFC in discussion (meeting with headmaster next week) to buy a bit of land with football pitch from school next door to B&L. Pool Table now in B&L along with table tennis table and the Tennis court lines have been re painted next to the astroturf pitch. Sturrock's daughter is PS's ears on these message boards. She and Blair's wife hate Blair's Pony Tail. More P*ss taking needed to see that this disappears i reckon. On a lighter note, PS signed Rory Fallon at Plymouth coz his wife was fit.

Overall, i thought both PS and TW spoke very well. No questions were ducked and i came away certainly more positive than i did going in.

Who he?:):D

Him and Tommy were very good, some players may go very soon ie next few days, he's been talking to Sir Alex and Harry amongst others about players, striker may be coming in on loan tomorrow, Flavs talked to us about returning but decided against it.

Club, he used the words your club which was good, have lost the support of the town but they are working to win it back.

Team morale and spirit excellent thou a lot of the singing on the inituations was terrible!

Players constantly told in League Two got to start strong, ie win the right to play your football. Fitness levels getting there, over 50 strikers been looked at just preseason.

Blair's rattail isn't liked by Blair's girlfriend or family, TW pointed out he doesn't have as good a head of hair as PS. LDNFatso who has told from day one to cut it off!

A good evening and enjoyed hearing it direct from the guys not via media.

Back