• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

QF2: Holy Grail v Ghostbusters

QF2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Disappointed, but not altogether that surprised. I feel like I've been slimed.

pete.jpg

I'd disagree - I reckon people think it's cool to knock what were the five funniest men this country has ever and probably will ever, produce.

Oh I think I'd put Ronnie Barker as funnier than all 5 of them put together actually.

Did you never hear of Gerald Wiley? :stunned:

Not until I just googled it. If you notice how many people wrote for the Two Ronnies... three Pythons in fact.... :whistling:

Ray Alan, John Cleese, Barry Cryer, Spike Milligan, David Nobbs, David Renwick, John Sullivan, Michael Palin, Terry Jones and Terry Ravenscroft.

Not until I just googled it. If you notice how many people wrote for the Two Ronnies... three Pythons in fact.... :whistling:

Ray Alan, John Cleese, Barry Cryer, Spike Milligan, David Nobbs, David Renwick, John Sullivan, Michael Palin, Terry Jones and Terry Ravenscroft.

You never knew who Gerald Wiley was? I thought everybody knew.

I like Monty Python but I would pick The Two Ronnies over them. They were awesome. Monty Python was your Indie version, and probably where The Goodies got their ideas from!

I have no problem with the Pythons' writing, just didn't understand the constant need to ham things up and use silly voices - it was always their performances that used to irritate, not the writing.

I see your four candles (which was probably written by someone else) and raise you The Parrot Sketch (which wasn't).

Nope - from Wiki JUST by him:

One of the most popular sketches was "Four Candles", written by Barker, where Barker walks into an old-fashioned general store and asks for "four candles" and, after much trouble finding the articles, Corbett gives him the candles. What Barker wanted, however, was "fork handles - 'andles for forks", meaning pitchforks).

- I win!

One of the most popular sketches was "Four Candles", written by Barker, where Barker walks into an old-fashioned general store and asks for "four candles" and, after much trouble finding the articles, Corbett gives him the candles. What Barker wanted, however, was "fork handles - 'andles for forks", meaning pitchforks).

- I win!

You don't win cos the Pythons were funnier!

- I win!

No you don't. I amended the post. In fact in the "All Time Comic Moments" thingy poll by Channel 4, 4 Candles came No.6 and Dead Parrot came No.2

However Little Britain came No.1 which is a travesty!

You don't win cos the Pythons were funnier!
In your opinion - there's far more divided opinion on the Python films than almost every other one in the line up - as there was over their whole comedy genre. Python are love them or hate them - the Two Ronnies were far more widely appealing because the humour was far less in your face and anarchic!

In your opinion - there's far more divided opinion on the Python films than almost every other one in the line up - as there was over their whole comedy genre. Python are love them or hate them - the Two Ronnies were far more widely appealing because the humour was far less in your face and anarchic!

Just 'cos more people like them doesn't make them better!

Back