• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Quarter Final 1: (What's the Story(Morning Glory) vs Revolver

which album ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
We've reached the Quarter Final stage, and first up is another clash between The Beatles and Oasis with Carls pick up against manor15

Revolver for me, but i suspect it's futile, if oasis despatched the white album then I can't see this being different.

Personally think both these albums are overrated but Champagne Supernova just swung it for me.

Blueblood could you post my post please, I'm on my iPod so can't copy and post
Oasis wouldn't have happened without Revolver. Revolver had a mix of different styles from all over the world and had many cheery, upbeat songs like Yellow Submarine but they were accompanied by more emotional songs like Eleanor Rigby

"There are only three stories worth knowing from the last 2,000 years of history: the life of Mohammed, the life of Jesus and the career of The Beatles. They invented all music ever. John was the best one; but Paul is--despite the knighthood and everything--still the most under-rated songwriter of the 20th century. This is the album with "Eleanor Rigby", "Here, There and Everywhere", "For No One", "I'm Only Sleeping" and "Tomorrow Never Knows" on it--but then, you knew that anyway. We presume you have this album already and you're just getting a second copy in case you lose the first." Caitlan Moran
That says it all really.

Revolver was one of the first psychedelic rock albums. It combined drums, vocals and guitars in all it's tracks. While it has some serious and sad songs like Taxman and Eleanor Rigby it immediately reverses your mood to one of happiness with Good Day Sunshine and Yellow Submarine. It has widely been described as one of the most experimental albums of all time, mixing different styles with influences from India and America.
It was number 1 in the UK for 7 weeks in and 6 weeks in the USA in 1966.
In 2000 it was voted best album ever by Q magazine readers, in 2001 VH1 gave it the same award and so did Virgin in their 1,000 best albums of all time. It was again voted best album ever by readers of Rolling Stone magazine.

Tracks included in this great album are:
Eleanor Rigby
Yellow Submarine
Taxman
I Love You Too
I'm Only Sleeping
Here There and Everywhere
She Said She Said
And Your Bird Can Sing
For No-One
Dr Robert
I Want To Tell You
Got To Get You Into My Life
Tomorow Never Knows

Sorry manor ... i've had the builders in from 7 o'clock this morning and even getting to the pc meant getting in their way, i clean forgot about posting your piece

Looks like I've doomed The Fabs once again as I did The 'Oo in previous 'battles' against this over-rated homage to ''lad culture'' ('scuse me whilst I direct a phlegmy gob towards my spittoon)...

Sorry manor ... i've had the builders in from 7 o'clock this morning and even getting to the pc meant getting in their way, i clean forgot about posting your piece
Don't worry Bluebood was expecting to be back sooner but we had a cup game after school and it went to extra time and penalties!

And bye bye goes the last Beatles album.

Bah, they'll never last........ :whistling:

Bit of a backlash as so many were nominated and even got through the first round? I find it unbelievable they don't have anything left going through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back