• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Queen/the ban.......my view

graysblue

Banned
cheers to everyone who supported me through the diffulcult times,blimey during the ban i have stood in the corner wearing a long pointed hat for 3 days!!

the ban itself,

the mods/owners acted correctly and fair play to them for showing common sense in reducing the ban from 1 month .

the guys i fooled with should get a sense of humour,besides i thought they had said i was on ignore so how could they know what i typed.

cut my GRASS over the weekend and found RATTLESNAKES......bad news.

the queen gig,

was decent,however they should drop the name queen and rename as may and taylor?

paul rodgers was decent but aint no freddy.

best part for me was when taylor strolled at the end of the catwalk and begun playing a single symbol whilst roadies added more to his kit ending up with a solo performance by taylor which was brill.

met al murray ,this guy is massive.

good night all round and sadly back on the booze again.

cheers to everyone who supported me through the diffulcult times,blimey during the ban i have stood in the corner wearing a long pointed hat for 3 days!!

the ban itself,

the mods/owners acted correctly and fair play to them for showing common sense in reducing the ban from 1 month .

the guys i fooled with should get a sense of humour,besides i thought they had said i was on ignore so how could they know what i typed.

the queen gig,

was decent,however they should drop the name queen and rename as may and taylor?

paul rodgers was decent but aint no freddy.

best part for me was when taylor strolled at the end of the catwalk and begun playing a single symbol whilst roadies added more to his kit ending up with a solo performance by taylor which was brill.

met al murray ,this guy is massive.

good night all round and sadly back on the booze again.

When you put someone on ignore they can read your posts if someone has quoted them that isn't on their ignore list.

As for the Queen gig, I am jealous I would of love to of gone to that and was gutted as I didn't know when tickets went on sale and missed out. Was John Deacon there? Because I saw them do an interview and it was just Rodgers, Taylor and May.

the ban itself,

2 good things from the post, Al Murray (at least we ALL know its an act), and Roger Taylor (hate Queen, but he's a top bloke, seen many times at punk gigs)

welcome back anyway...at least I got someone to shout at now before I go to work...

shame about the booze....will power mate, like you refraining from winding the mods up

the ban itself,

2 good things from the post, Al Murray (at least we ALL know its an act), and Roger Taylor (hate Queen, but he's a top bloke, seen many times at punk gigs)

welcome back anyway...at least I got someone to shout at now before I go to work...

shame about the booze....will power mate, like you refraining from winding the mods up

cheers fella,

the booze binge was very nice indeed.....................i am a bad man.

special mention to my son,

this lad shelled out £100 per ticket to take his dear old dad.

and boy did we rock,

anothe classic was at the end with "we are the champions" bonkers.

From that it sounds like a copy of the Stop Making Sense concert by Talking Heads. David Byrne enters a completely bare stage with a guitar, plugs it into an amp and says, "I've got a song I want to play you", and goes into a version of Psycho Killer. Over the course of the next few songs, the stage is built, and the rest of the band join in.

Last edited:
From that it sounds like a copy of the Stop Making Sense concert by Talking Heads. David Byrne enters a completely bare stage with a guitar, plugs it into an amp and says, "I've got a song I want to play you", and goes into a version of Psycho Killer. Over the course of the next few songs, the rest of the stage is built, and the rest of the band join in.

sounds like it ,

got to admit that taylor is top man on the skins

biggest cheer was when the large screen showed freddy singing the opening lines to bohemian................the house was duly brought down.

may fooled around with his guitar which was fantastic,but he aint no dave gilmour.

good gig.

From that it sounds like a copy of the Stop Making Sense concert by Talking Heads. David Byrne enters a completely bare stage with a guitar, plugs it into an amp and says, "I've got a song I want to play you", and goes into a version of Psycho Killer. Over the course of the next few songs, the stage is built, and the rest of the band join in.

and what a great gig that was!!!, one of my fave cd's/dvd's

and what a great gig that was!!!, one of my fave cd's/dvd's

It is IMO one of the best.

I friend of mine (well, he was a friend when we were teenagers - I haven't seen him since) told me a story of his brother who was in New York, standing at a bus stop. He heard the guy next to him humming Psyco Killer, and turned round to see it was Dave Byrne. He got talking to him, and was eventually invited to one of the dress rehearsals for the SMS tour.

Lucky *******.

I had all their albums on cassette. I really should replace them with a more up to date medium. I really miss listening to them.

Shrimperzone should be:
Indoor_Playground_For_Amusement.jpg

and not...
hd_format_war_kids.jpg

That will be all.

That looks so fun Mk Shrimper where abouts is that? Used to be like the one I used to go on in Butlins when I was younger :)

Back