• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question for Ron Martin

Do you honestly expect people to spend their hard earned money on a Tuesday night game v Doncaster ??? And we have to wait until Thursday for this plan C announcement

As Captain Mainwaring says and I quote "I think you're entering the realms of fantasy there, Martin"

Do you honestly expect people to spend their hard earned money on a Tuesday night game v Doncaster ??? And we have to wait until Thursday for this plan C announcement

As Captain Mainwaring says and I quote "I think you're entering the realms of fantasy there, Martin"
Trouble is mate he's already sold 4'000 tickets approx. it seems he doesn't care.

We are, thankfully, away for this one and I hope to be sitting in a hot tub at a very quirky cottage in the Malvern Hills enjoying a glass or two of wine.

Thing is, it's going to be the new manager's first game. I'll be there in the vain hope of a massive 'new manager bounce'.

What a loyal and forgiving bunch we are.

6400 today for another horror show. I wasn't at Mk dons. I haven't seen a win since Sunderland.

Today the fans finally turned on the players.

Its been a long time coming and no more than they deserved.

Will prove? that many of our players have been mugging us off if there’s a bounce

Fair point. I'm living in hope that they have been mugging us off, annoying as it would be. If they continue to play as badly we'll be lucky to get 20 points.:Sorry:

Funnily - and I use the word advisedly - enough, I'm coming up from west Cornwall for it, and the Cov game a few days later. I'm hoping the new Manager will have sorted it out by then and these dark days will be the stuff of "do you remember the worse team since Dick Bate was Manager?" - yes, we remember the horror and we looked into the abyss - legend.

I reckon the attendance will be around 4k against Donney

I'm not going and I know others who feel the same, why should I pay £ to watch players who don't give a s### and a Chairman who has mucked up big time!!

There has to be a line, and he's over it now, we are a joke of a football and club and us as fans need to put pressure on HIM to sort this out

I thought he said, "Don't tell him, Pike".

I reckon the attendance will be around 4k against Donney

I'm not going and I know others who feel the same, why should I pay £ to watch players who don't give a s### and a Chairman who has mucked up big time!!

There has to be a line, and he's over it now, we are a joke of a football and club and us as fans need to put pressure on HIM to sort this out

Your loss mate. At the very least even if the football aint the best its a few hours spent having a laugh with great friends.

I'll be there , cheering on our lads , trying to give them a semblance of confidence which is the main ingredient lacking and the 1 thing us fans can actually give them.

We saw in minutes 12 to 45 on Saturday we can actually be a decent team ... So the less whinging moaners attending ,hell bent on abusing our own players and the noisier the real supporters getting behind our beloved team, the better.

Ive been a player and can appreciate the fine lines between success + failure. Its wafer thin . ....Take away a players confidence and you have nothing.

Anyway , having seen 43 years of Southend United this aint anywhere near as bad as many of those years, So forget the over dramatics of the depressed doomsayers , get along Tuesday night + sing your hearts out for the lads in Blue. We're gonna win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter:

Well said Danburyshrimper

Too much success in a short time, has clouded many peoples views, been more poor years of struggle than good times

You appreciate the success more, the days are not as dark as when Johnson was involved, oh they were dark days

Well said Danburyshrimper

Too much success in a short time, has clouded many peoples views, been more poor years of struggle than good times

You appreciate the success more, the days are not as dark as when Johnson was involved, oh they were dark days
Absolutely, it's always been a roller coaster,many tears and some joy, would we really want it to change? COYBB

We are, thankfully, away for this one and I hope to be sitting in a hot tub at a very quirky cottage in the Malvern Hills enjoying a glass or two of wine.
I reckon you and your Kev should have a tenner's worth on iFollow then @OldBlueLady. You could then both watch it on a tablet while sitting in the hot tub. Bliss eh?

Back