• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question for the music heads

I've never seen the big thing with them and usually turn them off if they come on the radio as i've probably heard there songs ten times already that day (i.e supermarkets, telly etc.). Saying that I can see there mass appeal. There not offense there never gonna shock and in someways are what middle britain's coffee tables need. Chris Martin annoys me because he's a bland tw&t!

Oh! and as for Radiohead "Bones" and "Paranoid Android"

The Bends is the nuts! Haven't listened to it for ages - just sticking it on now!

I like Planet Telex, opens it well, but High And Dry it is for me!

With regards to Coldplay, I appreciate a lot of the points, but I firmly believe they have got progressivly better and their latest albulm is, IMO, by far their best.

As an album, it holds together really well, and in 'Speed of Sound' and 'Hardest Part' I think they have a found a slightly more uplifting sound. With 'White Shadows', 'Fix You' and 'Talk' backing each other early on, you get a good mix of 'thoughtful' music.

Coldpay have possibly reached their peak though, a fourth album would havce to take a different approach, and it'll be interesting to see where they go, but this can also be said for bands sich as Kaiser Chiefs and Kasabian who, despite having just one album and being different on style, would, I imagine, have to do something a little difficerent with next releases. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club have completely changed tact with their third album and it's really worked.

Doves are an interesting band. Saw them live twice last year, supporting Oasis in Manchester, and at their own gig in Hammersmith, and live they are first class. Jimi Goodwin has a real charisma about him and he and Andy Williams exchanging drumming and vocal roles, shows how ood an all round band they are!

Possibly have a few 'fillers' on some albums, 'Some Cities' in particular, but have some quality tunes. You talk about 'image' with Doves, but it hasn't stopped the Magic Number becoming quite respected has it?!

Back