• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question regarding well being

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
I have posted this on my facebook and I am just looking for a realistic view...

Currently on 17.7 stone I throw myself down the challenge of 15 stone by August 1st - is that doable or should I be looking at 15.7 maybe? opinions please

It's doable, but you'd have to work hard at it and the summer isn't the best of times to do so. Set yourself realistic goals of 3-4lbs a week, eat sensibly, find exercise you can enjoy, like swimming perhaps, and then see where you are in August In the kind of heat we've had recently you may well find that you're drinking a lot more and that can have a negative effect on weight loss.

As long as its going down then I don't think it's really a problem, it's a marathon not a sprint and you'll be more likely to stick to it in the long run.

Keep up the good work mate!

It's doable, but you'd have to work hard at it and the summer isn't the best of times to do so. Set yourself realistic goals of 3-4lbs a week, eat sensibly, find exercise you can enjoy, like swimming perhaps, and then see where you are in August In the kind of heat we've had recently you may well find that you're drinking a lot more and that can have a negative effect on weight loss.

Nahh Kay summer is the best time for me! the football season is not on and thats where is goes down hill fast food and drink

Set easy-to-reach targets - say, in 2 lb stages. Setting too high a target might well discourage you. It's a bit like doing a long car journey, taking it in 50 mile portions might seem to break the journey into bite-size pieces!
Cut out sugar, salt, sat' fats, alcohol and caffeine. Grill/steam all lean meat or fish. Eat plenty of fresh veg'. Drink plenty of water. (I have the opposite problem - trying to put weight on!)

Leonardo Da Vinci said all this 470 years ago (not to you though!)

Having had a heart attack within the last couple of weeks (mainly caused by years of living as a 'bon viveur'), I would say don't go charging into any mad weight loss programme take your time and make sure you exercise as well as change diet...if your not sure your gp can advise you.

Crikey thats a big loss TB. Id hopeto lose a fair bit in the first 2 weeks (say 4-8lbs), then anything above 1-2lbs a week is good going.

Having had a heart attack within the last couple of weeks (mainly caused by years of living as a 'bon viveur'), I would say don't go charging into any mad weight loss programme take your time and make sure you exercise as well as change diet...if your not sure your gp can advise you.

Hope you're recovering ok Callan.

Blimey Steve I hope that wasn't the shock of me buying you a pint after the Macc game. :stunned: Hope you are on the road to ecovery mate.

Bloody hell Steve, hope you r ok now. Take it easy mate.

Scott, i'm in much the same boat mate. I have been on a on/off diet over the last 5 months or so. I don't punnish myself too hard but do try to eat better. I am starting to go for brisk walks when i can, rather than get home from work and slouch in front of the telly with a pack of choccy digestives and a bag of wotsits. I also use a boris bike daily to/from work (even if only 2 miles each way to work from Liverpool Street). This is all worthwhile. Diet wise, obviously too much fatty junk food is off the agenda, you can eat once in a while but cut it right down. Same goes for alcohol. The key to it is don't be a slave to it but an improvement in eating drinking and a bit of extra exercise is key. Don't also set a goal which is too much, coz you will inevitably at some point be disapointed (any loss is good). I like to think of it as 1lb lost is like 2 packs of lard.
Good luck mate!

As a part time diabetic as you are scot i would strongly suggest that you get healthy and stay healthy or you run the risk of having a heart attack(hope you are doing ok callen) or losing your willy or eyes or feet,walking is great but ******* is better.

Eek, sorry to here that Cal. Hope you're recovering ok.

Shocked, like everyone else, at this news, hope you're well on the road to recovery.

You should aim to lose around 9lbs in teh first week, as that is when the most weight will come off due to water retention. After that 2-3lbs is sensible.

So, on that basis you should be looking at weighing somewhere bewteen 15-15st7lbs by 1 August.

Don't forget exercise is as important as diet in this.

I have posted this on my facebook and I am just looking for a realistic view...

Currently on 17.7 stone I throw myself down the challenge of 15 stone by August 1st - is that doable or should I be looking at 15.7 maybe? opinions please

At Christmas, I was bang on 15 stone. I'm now sitting at 13'6

I've been exercising regularly, but not excessively. Running for half hour, squash, badminton, things I enjoy. I also walk to work rather than get the tube, it's 25 minutes each way. With respect to diet, I find if I cut things out, I just get ****ed off and fall back into bad habits. So I just reduced the crap I had. So if I wanted a snack, I'd have one, but not every day. I love bacon, so a bacon roll is a Friday thing. And if I am gonna have something unhealthy, I still have it, but in smaller portions. It helped stopping me from becoming despondent. I also still continued having beers at football/gigs/dinners etc at weekends as long as I'd exercised regualrly in the week.

I found that I was regularly going down, even if there were blips where I popped up a couple of pounds, as Pubey says, as long as you see a constant decline, then it's all good., don't set yourself a definitive target other than losing weight. Then once you've seen how your loss is progressing, you can then work out an achievable target.

Basically it's about moderation, will powers important, but if you moderate (not cut out) your intake of crap, then you should still see results and keep your motivation up.

Good luck though mate.

Last edited:
As a part time diabetic as you are scot i would strongly suggest that you get healthy and stay healthy or you run the risk of having a heart attack(hope you are doing ok callen) or losing your willy or eyes or feet,walking is great but ******* is better.

Perhaps we should get together to form a SZ diabetics group? :unsure::hilarious:
Btw,once you've got it(as I imagine you know)diabetes is for life.

Perhaps we should get together to form a SZ diabetics group? :unsure::hilarious:
Btw,once you've got it(as I imagine you know)diabetes is for life.

Going to my GPs tomorrow evening for my first blood/urine test results since I was diagnosed at the end of January.

Hopefully the 2 stones I have lost may help.

Going to my GPs tomorrow evening for my first blood/urine test results since I was diagnosed at the end of January.

Hopefully the 2 stones I have lost may help.

If you ever need any bad advise Ken then feel free to ask as im a expert on doing it wrong as i have done for 15 years but thankfully ive woken up and im now spot on level wise and injecting next to nothing which is why i hope young guns like Scott take notice and take it serious.

Definitely achievable. Set the goal, get the focus, do it!

I've just lost 4st7lbs in 20 weeks, of which 2st 3lbs came off in the first 8 weeks. No particular diet, just eat healthier and less, cut out the booze, and exercise - start of slowly though. 1st week i was just run/walking 2 miles three times a week. By week 8 i was running 10k non-stop - obviously it helps i've done plenty of running before, but the principle stands. Build it up each week.

Bloody hell mate, I'm as shocked as anyone - you've spent years living as a 'bon viveur'?

Anyway, hope you're good now.

ps Anyone wanting to lose weight - be active, cut down on alcohol and snack on fruit instead of ****

Back