• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stuart W

A word to the wise is enough
Can someone tell me of any other league club where you are unable to purchase a programme from a) the club shop and b) before 1.30 pm for a 3pm kick-off)?

In this day and age where we have Ron Martin spouting about taking the club to the Championship and "beyond", is it not amateurish in the extreme that if you want to purchase a programme before a pre-match drink, you are reliant on a man to open a hut which apparantly contains the complete supply of match-day magazines, which presumably are then distributed to sellers around the ground. This man (no criticism directed at him by the way), arrives any time after 1 o'clock. Today it was 1.30pm

Please, SUFC do me a favour. What an embarrassment to the club, particularly when away fans disembark around 1pm from their coaches behind the north bank and expect to be able to read a match day programme on arrival.

Wake your ideas up!!

Have you thought about emailing the club and expressing your feelings about this? I’ve dealt with Danny Macklin before on numerous occasions and he’s been very helpful. I’m sure if you pinged him an email he would give you a call and listen to your suggestions.

Have you thought about emailing the club and expressing your feelings about this? I’ve dealt with Danny Macklin before on numerous occasions and he’s been very helpful. I’m sure if you pinged him an email he would give you a call and listen to your suggestions.

The good news is that Danny Macklin is the sort of guy who would gets things sorted out.
The bad news is he is employed by Leyton Orient.

What good would a Leyton Orient programme be:smile::smile:

The good news is that Danny Macklin is the sort of guy who would gets things sorted out.
The bad news is he is employed by Leyton Orient.

Ah, that’s what 6 months away in the Falklands does. You miss the important things!

Can someone tell me of any other league club where you are unable to purchase a programme from a) the club shop and b) before 1.30 pm for a 3pm kick-off)?

In this day and age where we have Ron Martin spouting about taking the club to the Championship and "beyond", is it not amateurish in the extreme that if you want to purchase a programme before a pre-match drink, you are reliant on a man to open a hut which apparantly contains the complete supply of match-day magazines, which presumably are then distributed to sellers around the ground. This man (no criticism directed at him by the way), arrives any time after 1 o'clock. Today it was 1.30pm

Please, SUFC do me a favour. What an embarrassment to the club, particularly when away fans disembark around 1pm from their coaches behind the north bank and expect to be able to read a match day programme on arrival.

Wake your ideas up!!

I suspect its because the programme sellers aren't working that early, and economically its not in SUFC's interest to be paying people when the footfall is absolutely minimal. However, I am happy to raise at our next liaison meeting (which will be in April)

I suspect its because the programme sellers aren't working that early, and economically its not in SUFC's interest to be paying people when the footfall is absolutely minimal. However, I am happy to raise at our next liaison meeting (which will be in April)

But you wouldn't need to have programme sellers on an "early shift". Sell them in the club shop like EVERY other club does.

Nice to see that as we haven't lost today, there are still things that fans can moan about. If it isn't the state of the pitch, it's what time you can buy a program from

Nice to see that as we haven't lost today, there are still things that fans can moan about. If it isn't the state of the pitch, it's what time you can buy a program from

Nobody asked you to come on to this thread. In fact if you can't say something constructive, then don't bother.

Nobody asked you to come on to this thread. In fact if you can't say something constructive, then don't bother.

Let the away fans worry about getting a program. I haven't seen any of them come on here moaning that they couldn't get a program when they arrive at 1pm so not really sure what the issue is.

I think that selling programs from 1.30pm gives everyone plenty enough time to buy a program before the game

Thank you in anticipation of raising this at the liaison meeting. All I am suggesting is doing what 91 other clubs do, which is sell the programme in the club shop on the day of the match.
If some think that relying on one man to turn up to open a wooden hut is the way forward, then that is up to them.

Thank you in anticipation of raising this at the liaison meeting. All I am suggesting is doing what 91 other clubs do, which is sell the programme in the club shop on the day of the match.
If some think that relying on one man to turn up to open a wooden hut is the way forward, then that is up to them.

Is that is an actual fact or just something you are making up as you are frustrated for the away fans?

I guess you have done your analysis on all other 91 league clubs before today?

Is that is an actual fact or just something you are making up as you are frustrated for the away fans?

I guess you have done your analysis on all other 91 league clubs before today?

i think they are on sale in the club shop on match days....

Back