• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Time, Brand v Farage - who will win?

Brand or Farage?

• Total voters

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Who do you think will win? (not who do you want to win)

My money is on Farage to come out on top because he has had a lot of practice and Brand often resorts to snide insults when on the back foot.

Not a fan of either but Brand is a lot smarter than many give him credit for, either way I won't bother watching unless theres going to be blood and bad language and maybe some casual nudity with a wet spaghetti fight. Homo erotisism is so underrated in these carefree 'be what I wish' kind of days. Oh, a hungry grizzly too and it may just be a night to remember.

I think Brand will have put a lot of work into this. He'll try and skewer Farage with (lack of) policy issues and Farage's barely concealed xenophobia. However I think Farage will just rant on like usual and not get sucked in. It'll be a bore draw and everyone will go away wondering why Farage gets yet more airtime at the taxpayers expense...

I think Brand will have put a lot of work into this. He'll try and skewer Farage with (lack of) policy issues and Farage's barely concealed xenophobia. However I think Farage will just rant on like usual and not get sucked in. It'll be a bore draw and everyone will go away wondering why Farage gets yet more airtime at the taxpayers expense...
Brand will win QT and Farage will win Gogglebox.

Good to see barna there last night up the back in black and white stripes vile as ever.
Thought there were lots of good points but the mp,s were lack lustre.

Quote of the night.RB on NF:-

"This man is not a cartoon character ... He is a pound-shop Enoch Powell.”

It's very easy to mock and criticise but until Russell Brand comes up with workable solutions to the problems he highlights why should anyone take him seriously?

It's very easy to mock and criticise but until Russell Brand comes up with workable solutions to the problems he highlights why should anyone take him seriously?

It's a good point, I'm a big brand fan and a lot of what he says appeals to me. The problem is when he's put on the spot he goes back to being a comedian and jokes his way out of questions. For me has has some good ideas and his heart is in the right place but someone credible needs to take the baton and come up with a party that really challenges the massive disparity in weath.

From the little I actually saw last night Brand looked out of his depth, very nervous and jittery. Sadly he seemed to resort to his one line of defence / attack for every argument; namely blaming the City and bankers bonuses and voter apathy on the problems surrounding immigration.

Brand was incoherent and couldn't provide an answer to most of the actual questions last night, and it was clear he was solely hoping to use his appearance to chuck a few barbs at Farage. Any decent political operator would've swotted Brand away. Farage instead appeared too cautious and didn't want to engage Brand and clearly had very little of any substance to actually say.

To put it bluntly, it was a load of ***** to be honest.

From the little I actually saw last night Brand looked out of his depth, very nervous and jittery. Sadly he seemed to resort to his one line of defence / attack for every argument; namely blaming the City and bankers bonuses and voter apathy on the problems surrounding immigration.

What problem surrounding immigration? People keep on saying this and it took an audience member to point out that it's a smokescreen for numerous problems caused by the current and previous government. This is the point that Brand was trying to make, albeit badly. It isn't the fault of immigrants that we have no new houses being built, that ideological changes to health and education has resulted in a shambles of free schools, academies and private health providers. Bureaucracy in all of these public services has increased when they promised to reduce it.

Immigration is a net economic contributor, and therefore the tax receipts from them should easily cover the increase in infrastructure and public services required. While there's a lag on this, it's nothing new - our population will grow even with zero immigration.

What we need is a government who does get tough on big business avoiding tax, regulation on financial services which will help avoid sitations like 2008, and an electoral system which reduces political apathy. We also need to sort out Scotland. These are pressing issues, but this whole campaign is going to come down to every parties' pledge to 'get tough on immigration'. As pointed out on QT, under our current coalition govt, there's been no sign that they've been willing or able to do anything of the sort - there are huge numbers of asylum seekers waiting to be processed.

What problem surrounding immigration? People keep on saying this and it took an audience member to point out that it's a smokescreen for numerous problems caused by the current and previous government. This is the point that Brand was trying to make, albeit badly. It isn't the fault of immigrants that we have no new houses being built, that ideological changes to health and education has resulted in a shambles of free schools, academies and private health providers. Bureaucracy in all of these public services has increased when they promised to reduce it.

Immigration is a net economic contributor, and therefore the tax receipts from them should easily cover the increase in infrastructure and public services required. While there's a lag on this, it's nothing new - our population will grow even with zero immigration.

What we need is a government who does get tough on big business avoiding tax, regulation on financial services which will help avoid sitations like 2008, and an electoral system which reduces political apathy. We also need to sort out Scotland. These are pressing issues, but this whole campaign is going to come down to every parties' pledge to 'get tough on immigration'. As pointed out on QT, under our current coalition govt, there's been no sign that they've been willing or able to do anything of the sort - there are huge numbers of asylum seekers waiting to be processed.

I agree immigrants themselves are not to blame, immigration however does play a part.

The problem which was pointed out last night, is no party can plan effectively as we simply don't know how many are coming.

This is the point Farage made.

When asked if she felt that the area she lived in was over crowded the lady from the audience said it was (instantly being branded by the awful Bunny La roche as being racist).

Labour grossly underestimated numbers when they were in power, and built less houses than any previous government since the War.

The Tories are making an absolute hash of immigration as you say.

Ultimately for me Brand just edged the evening, until the lights went out after someone from the audience told him to stand up for his principles and stand for election.

Farage was in his comfort zone all night.

The Journalist did ok, Labours girl appeared angry and the tory woman might as well have stayed at home.

I actually thought the questions were a bit predictable.

Back