• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Shilton - vaguely remember it being for Leyton Orient on TV. Something in the back of my mind however, tells me he played his last game for Plymouth or Torquay?

I know the Doncaster chairman made an apperance, not sure it was in the cup or not.

Are you going to inform us of the answer or is it just a question to get everyone to participate where the answer is left hanging?!
tounge.gif

There could possibly be a clue in that the question is posted in Shrimpers Chit Chat - why else would a moderator post it here. I can't believe he would be stupid enough not to post it in a relevant forum unless it was an SUFC player. We didn't put Frankie Banks out on loan to anyone in the last couple of years did we ?
laugh.gif

I reckon it was a guy with a surname of Hutchison (first name Mick?) who played for Coventry in an FA Cup Final but was still playing for Merthyr Tydfil in the Conference well into his 40s.

It could even be Peter Taylor......

AC

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ July 13 2004,22:56)]There could possibly be a clue in that the question is posted in Shrimpers Chit Chat - why else would a moderator post it here. I can't believe he would be stupid enough not to post it in a relevant forum unless it was an SUFC player.:
Indeedy

Think agents.

Barry Silkman. Came on for Harrow v Wycombe in the 1st round 3/4 years ago I think.

He is now a football agent I believe.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ July 14 2004,09:09)]Barry Silkman.  Came on for Harrow v Wycombe in the 1st round 3/4 years ago I think.

He is now a football agent I believe.
Correct...

Not just an agent, but one of the leading ones in the UK- client include:

Geremi
Yakubu
Berger
Boateng
Viduka

Also found this: In 1977-78 season Barry Silkman and Rachid Harkouk got 9 months suspended sentance for handling 250,000 pounds worth of American Dollar bills.

Soon after Rachid got transferred to QPR for £90,000 and Barry Silkman was brought to Man City by their (then) manager Malcolm Allison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back