• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ncfc1

if you've got any questions about your visit tomorrow, pubs, parking etc. fire away and i'll try and give you the best advice. have a safe journey down and I for one am eagerly awaiting this game. I think its going to be a close game but i'm going for a 2-1 win to the county:smile:

No idea, but there's engineering works going on so there's no direct trains to Newport from Bristol.

What are the good pubs?
What do you think of Justin Edinburgh?
Is it still the 1970s in Newport?
What happens if I forget my passport?
Are there any Welsh phrases I need to learn in order to communicate with the locals?

you can definitely pay on the day pal but if you pre-paid today its £2 cheaper. if I was you i'd get tickets for the bisley stand which is covered and theres a bar there, for a h/t beer. the cheaper option is the temporary seating behind the goal in the syntner end but you're open to the elements and the forecast isn't looking too good for this part of the country. As for the trains I don't know but their is a direct service from Paddington to Newport, but like someone has pointed out their maybe maintenance on the railway tomorrow? anyway have a safe journey down. We're a friendly lot down here unlike kardiff so i'm sure you'll enjoy your day out irrespective of the result

whats parking like around the ground?
plenty of parking in side streets mate, but watch out for some with permit holders only, or you can park in the multi storey car park in Kingsway(town centre) and its a 5 minute walk over the pedestrian bridge which will take you directly to the away end

What are the good pubs?
What do you think of Justin Edinburgh?
Is it still the 1970s in Newport?
What happens if I forget my passport?
Are there any Welsh phrases I need to learn in order to communicate with the locals?
plenty of good pubs by the ground mate, the dodger, ivy bush, riverside or Clarence club are a stones throw away from the ground. alternatively if you are able to travel down by train?, theres a wetherspoons right opposite the station, and plenty of watering holes in the town centre

plenty of good pubs by the ground mate, the dodger, ivy bush, riverside or Clarence club are a stones throw away from the ground. alternatively if you are able to travel down by train?, theres a wetherspoons right opposite the station, and plenty of watering holes in the town centre

That's OK if you only want a number one...

you can definitely pay on the day pal but if you pre-paid today its £2 cheaper. if I was you i'd get tickets for the bisley stand which is covered and theres a bar there, for a h/t beer. the cheaper option is the temporary seating behind the goal in the syntner end but you're open to the elements and the forecast isn't looking too good for this part of the country. As for the trains I don't know but their is a direct service from Paddington to Newport, but like someone has pointed out their maybe maintenance on the railway tomorrow? anyway have a safe journey down. We're a friendly lot down here unlike kardiff so i'm sure you'll enjoy your day out irrespective of the result

Shock :hilarious:

Just to clarify, you're ok coming from London but I know some were stopping over in Bristol and that's when the problems arise.

Stuff the elements. I wanna cheer the mighty Shrimpers from behind the goal. It'll be a cracking atmosphere..we do love a sing-a-long

don't forget your wet weather gear then mate, it always rains down here, and felt sorry for the torquay fans behind the goal the other week who must have been absolutely soaked to the skin.

Back