• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Questions for a true Southend legend

DTS

The Business
Thansk to Napster for tipping me off that former Blues wing legend Steve Clarke is on face book.

Cut a long story short I thought Clarkey was amazing.....I know a lot of you didnt....

Anyway been having a decent chat with him he has kindly agreed to answer some (sensible) questions about his time at Southend.

I am asking for sensible questions for Clarky now and I will mail him with questions later today.

I will offer the interview to my good chums from AAS to publish at first and if they dont want it then I will put it on here after....

Dont be rude please lads as Clarky may well read this...

ta
DtS

I'd love to know how the moronic comments from the West Stand affected the way he played. Maybe then the boo boys can get an understanding of how much damage they do to the whole team with this.

After all its a tactic that seems to be employed constantly, with Matty being the current target.

i remember Clarke getting the winner at Lincoln one year, was that the highlight of his time at the Hall?

Question

Can you eat a fruit pastille without chewing it?

Last edited:
How is the job at Boots at London Bridge going? Is it more stressful serving the Bloke in the Pram Shop or running up and down past the West Stand boo-boys?

Facebook: a useful social networking tool or an application that encourages stalking?

Did Mitchell Cole only fail to make it at Southend because of the pressure of being the new Steve Clark?

What's the capital of Costa Rica?

Who was the worst player you were ever dropped in favour of?

What are your views on the prevention of deforestation in penisular Malaysia?

Do you feel dirty having played for West Ham?

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Would Shrimperzone appeal to a wider audience if it interviewed players other than just those with the surname Clark?

Does it **** you off when people misspell your surname and add an "e" to it?
(a) Yes.
(b) No.
(c) Wait a minute, I need to ask Freddy Eastwood how I spell it.

In your final season at Roots Hall we reached the first of two consecutive LDV Finals. Do you ever think it might have been 3 if you hadn't have been sent off at 4-1 down against Swindon the season prior to that?

Was Tony "the white Pele" Richards impotent?

Was Drewe Broughton the worse player you've ever played alongside? Feel free to include players you played with in the playground at school in your answer.

Thanks to the TWO posters that actually asked something sensible....

Anyone else got any other questions for Clarky I can actually ask?

Steven Clark, Adrian Clarke, Leon Clarke, Peter Clarke, Paul Clark. FIGHT!!!! How long do you survive for?

sorry :)

If two trains crash on the border of two countries, where DO they bury the survivors eh?

Is Forrest Gump his favourite movie?

lol

Actually DtS, I'm with you on this. I wanted Clarkey to do so well and he had enormous potential. I really don't know why he never ever seemed to fulfill it. I was sad when he left.

Actually, a serious question for him - was there anything in the training techniques or tactics employed that he felt either suppressed or conflicted with the way he felt he needed to play his natural game?

what was it like playing under Wignall - did he see the passion in his eyes?

was his goal against QPR goal his favourite goal for the Blues?

Do you think pace is enough for the modern pro?

Thanks to the TWO posters that actually asked something sensible....

Anyone else got any other questions for Clarky I can actually ask?

No worries. If you want any more question just let me know.

ps Might be interesting asking him about Tilson as a manager. Tilly was the one who let him go.

Back