• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ooh-andy-ansah

Director
Are the monthly losses still at the same level as they were in September ?

Where have the resources come from to make the recent new signings ?

Are we gambling on getting promotion and if we fail to go up will we be able to keep this squad together next season ?

If we fail to go up what impact will it have on our ability to continue as a going concern as I presume our debts are possibly increasing given recent spending or do we have a secret benefactor ?

Thank you in advance

Why don't you email the club with these questions? I can hardly see them being answered on here.

:unsure: Would you, even if you did have the answers. I wouldn't and I doubt he/she/it will either.

Well he's quick enough to come on here and tell half the story about what fantastic business we have done with the recent signings.

Given the clubs previous inability to manage it's finances is it too much to ask how we are going to pay for them ?

He is the manager, the clubs finances and futre are not his concern, you need to ask Tara Brady.

Well he's quick enough to come on here and tell half the story about what fantastic business we have done with the recent signings.

Given the clubs previous inability to manage it's finances is it too much to ask how we are going to pay for them ?

I am not sure whether you are scandal mongering or just a bit naive but why do you think that our recent signings are putting us deeper into the financial mire? I cannot confess to being privy to the details of players contracts but, we have jetisoned JJ who would have been on a higher end deal and replaced him with Benyon, we were paying Timlins wages anyway so that seems costs neutral and we sent back Daniels and brought in Martin, which may well mean that our wage bill has DECREASED in the window, given that we have offloaded Pato as well and still have a few youngsters out on loan, I think the club should be applauded for operating within the budget! Now we know that Luggy wants another two players and I fully believe that this is going to depend on us getting shot of one or two of our current squad. If, as is rumoured, Ferdinand is on the brink of a lucrative move, then we might even see us making some profit this month....far form the crisis that you seem to want to promote!

I have faith in Luggy and Tara and feel that we are laying the foundations to not only get up this year but perhaps to ensure that we are not in a relegation struggle next season....time will tell but I am feeling quite confiedent

Are the monthly losses still at the same level as they were in September ?

Where have the resources come from to make the recent new signings ?

Are we gambling on getting promotion and if we fail to go up will we be able to keep this squad together next season ?

If we fail, why would we want to keep the squad together next season ?

I am not sure whether you are scandal mongering or just a bit naive but why do you think that our recent signings are putting us deeper into the financial mire? I cannot confess to being privy to the details of players contracts but, we have jetisoned JJ who would have been on a higher end deal and replaced him with Benyon, we were paying Timlins wages anyway so that seems costs neutral and we sent back Daniels and brought in Martin, which may well mean that our wage bill has DECREASED in the window, given that we have offloaded Pato as well and still have a few youngsters out on loan, I think the club should be applauded for operating within the budget! Now we know that Luggy wants another two players and I fully believe that this is going to depend on us getting shot of one or two of our current squad. If, as is rumoured, Ferdinand is on the brink of a lucrative move, then we might even see us making some profit this month....far form the crisis that you seem to want to promote!

I have faith in Luggy and Tara and feel that we are laying the foundations to not only get up this year but perhaps to ensure that we are not in a relegation struggle next season....time will tell but I am feeling quite confiedent

Bit touchy aren't you. As for being naive I think that would apply more to yourself as you don't have the answers and prefer to ASSUME we can afford this.

Amazing how you ask a few reasonable questions in a polite manner and get attacked.

Some of you have very short memories

How do you know we are operating within budget? Most of what you said is assumption!

If we fail, why would we want to keep the squad together next season ?

1/ Because it's a decent squad and we probably won't be able to improve on it much so it's worth keeping together imo.

2/ Because we must have committed to contracts beyond this May so can we afford to keep it together without promotion or would we need to make cut backs ?

I just want a bit of transparency, when the manager or his representative comes on here claiming to have done such great business please give us the whole story so we can judge for ourselves.

Dont you just love being a Southend fan? People moan when things go bad and look for the downside when things go well! I wasnt particularly getting on my high horse just pointing out that at the moment the books of in and out likely balance...as for it being conjecture, well if you think that Luke Daniels salary is less than anyone that we have brought in you are deluding yourself! I also happen to know that JJ was one of the top 3 earners because Tara told me he was.....Timlin is neutral so how is this assumptive?

As has been mentioned, why not attend the fans forum and ask these questions to Tara and Luggy? I am sure that they would be more than happy to answer you

I just want a bit of transparency, when the manager or his representative comes on here claiming to have done such great business please give us the whole story so we can judge for ourselves.

I doubt that the budget has much to do with the manager though. Same was the case when Tilly was here. If you've got questions about the budget then surely you should be raising them with Ron Martin or Tara Brady, neither of whom seem particularly difficult to contact.

It's not Paul Sturrock's responsibility to ensure that the Club isn't living beyond its means. It's his responsibility to get us promoted.

shrimperian;1352979I wasnt particularly getting on my high horse [/QUOTE said:
Could have fooled me !

Who's moaning ? Reasonable questions asked in a reasonable manner.

You could always go to the fans forum and ask these questions yourself.

Exactly and the reason we arrange these forums in the first place. The date for the next one (Jan25th) was set on purpose before the end of the transfer window for questions such as this.

1/ Because it's a decent squad and we probably won't be able to improve on it much so it's worth keeping together imo.

2/ Because we must have committed to contracts beyond this May so can we afford to keep it together without promotion or would we need to make cut backs ?

I thought the justification of the abject level of entertainment at home thus far this season was that it was (reasonably) successful. Ends justify the means etc. If that turns out not to be the case, you want to go through it all again ?

I thought the justification of the abject level of entertainment at home thus far this season was that it was (reasonably) successful. Ends justify the means etc. If that turns out not to be the case, you want to go through it all again ?

If you mean suffering hoofball for another season no, however this squad managed in a different manner ?

They seem very good points to raise at the forum, not sure about the viability of asking the manager via an internet forum though.

To be honest, it is s sign of how hardened some of the support has become, that as soon as we start signing players who are not those no one else wants, we start to worry about over stretching.
That said, given the history of "getting a bit carried away" at a glimpse of success we have in the past 20 years I think people have a right to be cautious and concerned

Exactly and the reason we arrange these forums in the first place. The date for the next one (Jan25th) was set on purpose before the end of the transfer window for questions such as this.

Unfortunately I work evenings otherwise would try to attend.

If anyone who is going thinks they are valid questions maybe they could ask them and report back on SZ ?

The point you seem to have missed though is that cluniemore came onto SZ to tell us how fantastic these deals were, well asking for a bit more information about those deals is reasonable in my opinion. Where do you draw the line ?

It seems quite bizarre that he/she whoever feels the need to come onto a fans forum and boast about these deals, if you do that then it's reasonable to expect further questions in response to one's self adulation :smile:

Back