• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RobM

55 years as a supporter!⭐
  1. Why did Worral not start?
  2. Why did Timlin not start?
  3. Why was Mooney taken off so soon (I assume an injury but nothing apparent)
  4. Does Weston like pizza? He certainly enjoys slices.
  5. What will happen to the Daniel Bentley money?

That's all a bit heavy for a Sunday morning - but then again so is AC/DC.

Right here goes,

Only Phil knows that one
Ditto Tims

Mooney so far has been dog IMO ,very lazy and uninterested.

Westy I have no idea if he is a pizza eater

The money will vanish.

May I add,why oh why did Deegs get the nod,very strange selection.

The Weston point was an attempt at humour....pizza..slices....into the car park...Oh never mind!

I know that Robert,but 50p foot will suffice:smile:

Lol, we call it a toblerone foot!

As for Mooney coming off, he wasn't injured, that was a response to the fact that midfield/forward selection wasn't working. Personally, I'd have preferred to see Worrall then.

Worrall and Timlin should have started, Mooney isn't match fit by the look of it (or he really is uninterested), Weston certainly needs to be a more consistent crosser of the ball but his pace means that he gets more opportunities to cross the thing in the first place - he should be used as a supersub. The Daniel Bentley money will be mostly used to pay off debts with a fraction used to buy an ageing player with Championship experience who will turn out to be a disappointment.

It's gonna be a long season, but an entertaining one I think....... can we climb away from our current 21st position and avoid relegation....?

Mooney was taken off for tactical reasons in my opinion. Without the ball we were struggling. The midfield were not pressing and sitting to deep which allowed their number 7 and captain to sit in front of the defence and spread it from side to side. In turn this forced the strikers to chase the full backs, especially as we lacked width. Payne came on and we moved to a diamond formation. Payne aimed to stop their captain easily playmaking in the number 10 position

Because he was playing wide. Felt sorry for him. Needs to be a central striker. Should have put him in the middle and taken Pigott off.

The Weston point was an attempt at humour....pizza..slices....into the car park...Oh never mind!

Weston was our biggest threat yesterday. Was always an outlet, worked very hard and pretty much the stand out player. I am not his biggest fan by any stretch but was the pick yesterday

Weston was our biggest threat yesterday. Was always an outlet, worked very hard and pretty much the stand out player. I am not his biggest fan by any stretch but was the pick yesterday

He's not a goal scorer though, is he? Both Mooney and Pigott had to drop deep because there was simply nothing coming through from midfield.

Mooney can have no complaints about being taken off. To be honest I think he should have been charged £22 like every other spectator at the game.

If Weston was our biggest threat then we have big problems. His cameo at the beginning of the match wasn't enough to merit the 'stand out' tag for me,DWB.

I saw Mooney's face as he passed Brown when leaving the field. He was not injured but very unhappy. ****ed off in fact.

If Weston was our biggest threat then we have big problems. His cameo at the beginning of the match wasn't enough to merit the 'stand out' tag for me,DWB.

I said as much to my wife after the game. However, that is not Weston's fault. He was one of better players and if more players had stepped up and played to their potential we would not have been so comprehensively outplayed.

For me, these are the right questions after the game - well, most of them. I think the lack of response on this thread is because people are simply saying the same things in the Match Thread and Ratings posts.

On 1) and 2) only Brown can say. I'm a big fan of his but he got it wrong yesterday. I'm glad that he conceded his errors after the game otherwise we'd be in for a long season. It's clear to me that Brown looked at Weston's pace as an outlet... and it was. Unfortunately, the end product was missing which rendered the decision... useless.

Worrell posseses the quality that we'll be needing in this league and Timlin the bite that could and should have protected White who was hugely exposed throughout. All very well having Weston available to bomb forward but it doesn't help if the ball is finding a man afterwards or at least sticking in the offensive third.

I saw Mooney's face as he passed Brown when leaving the field. He was not injured but very unhappy. ****ed off in fact.

3) Rightly so as he was a victim of Brown's poorly chosen line-up and formation. Brown has been big enough to concede his error so Mooney will have to just suck that one up I'm afraid. It wasn't down to Mooney's ineffectiveness, more the formation that nulled any contribution he might have made. I've heard the word 'disinterested' knocking around but it's beyond me how anyone can imagine a player being disinterested during the first thirty minutes of his competitive home debut at a club. We'll ultimately find out if he can cut it but yesterday we just killed him off.

4) Can't agree with this Phil. He was 'potentially' our biggest threat and displayed all of the workrate/endeavour, but he simply failed every time to find his strikers when he'd got himself into a position of threat. No point having the threat if it proves to be blunt every time you get the chance to use it, especially if it's weakening other areas of the team like the defensive shape that makes us hard to beat.

5) No one knows I guess, but surely you'd have to assume it'll be used to service our debt and maintain our ongoing solvency. What it might also do is help us secure an experienced goalkeeper and/or bring in a higher-quality of loanee to bolster the front line. Time will tell.

because he had a good game against Brighton. Would have been harsh to drop him.

Errr....did he? :unsure: Prosser was dropped, Worrall and Timlin were dropped yet I would say they all played better than Deegan. Deegan was superfluous in that midfield yesterday.

Re; Deegan. In my view he's similar to Dave Martin/John Cornwell in the 90's. That partnership had Ansah and Tilson wide.

Back