• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
All,

I've just created this little quiz on Sporcle which will hopefully bring back some good memories (and no doubt plenty of bad ones)

By my reckoning, Southend United have had 180 FA Cup ties since joining the Football League in 1920 - you just need to name as many as possible.

If we have played a team more than once, then you only have to enter their name once for all the instances to appear, e.g. if we have played Melchester Rovers twice, then typing that will give you two correct answers.

Similarly, you only need to type the first name of a team. Typing in Melchester would be sufficient, but it will appear as Melchester Rovers.

So here's the link:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/darth_shrimper/southends-fa-cup-opponents

I'm expecting particularly good showings from DoDtS and Mick but not Cricko as he is such a youngster.

Post your (honest!) score on here, let's see who knows their history!

115/180

A few that I thought I had tried but hadn't and a couple that I thought about but didn't type! Annoyed I didn't get canvey.

135/180. Missed out on Barnet & Lincoln most notably but also missed the early ones such as London Paper Mills.

104 in the time allowed. I suppose the secret is to go through the list and write them down before you start.
Put in one answer as its full name but it would not take it.

104 in the time allowed. I suppose the secret is to go through the list and write them down before you start.
Put in one answer as its full name but it would not take it.

Which one was that?

I'll add a few minutes to the time, thanks for the feedback everyone.

Oh and by the way, you can rate the game out of five at the bottom of the quiz.

150 for me.

I feel a tad cheated though as I put in sheffield united but it didn't recognise it, so could have been 152... I also forgot Canvey!

150 for me.

I feel a tad cheated though as I put in sheffield united but it didn't recognise it, so could have been 152... I also forgot Canvey!

Are you sure? I've just checked the game data and it looks ok.

127/180 tried to do it from memory from matches I had either seen or read/heard about, rather than going through an A-Z list of clubs. Still forgot Northampton & the 4-4 is one of my all time favourite games!!

Back