• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Quote Of The Day - Mike Newell

secondalibi

Coach
Ok, its not related to Southend at all but it made me laugh.

Luton manager Mike Newell criticised assistant referee Amy Rayner after his side's 3-2 defeat by QPR and said women should not be allowed to officiate. "She should not be here. I know that sounds sexist, but I am sexist. If you start bringing in women you have big problems. This is not park football, so what are women doing here? It's tokenism for the politically correct idiots."

Come on Mike!!! Stop sitting on the fence, say what you mean!!!

- G

Perhaps she was doing her makeup or thinking about babies / housework / cooking / knitting (delete as applicable) instead of keeping her blue eyes on the game....

Women, know your place!

(Before Wiggy and the Southend ladies kick my merry arse, I'm only kidding! )

Quality qoute, but you're right, the topic is not SUFC related and belongs in its new found home where I'm sure it will be very happy.

wink.gif

I'm sure he will be hung to dry because of what he said and the FA will slap him with a big fine or a touchline ban instead of worrying about more serious stuff like trying to stamp out diving.

To be honest it made me chuckle to myself when I saw it on The Championship earlier but it is wrong.

Has he ever thought that she is just a bad assistant ref, regardless of her gender? What will be his excuse when a male lino makes (or doesn't make) a decision that goes against him?

He's shot himself in both feet, he was slating his chairman as well. He'll probably be given a carpeting by the Luton board and the FA.

But I totally agree that the female lino should stick to officiating the monkey tennis

Looking on the BBC site now, looks like Newell has back tracked somewhat and now wants to apologise to the female lino.

Legend.

Just said what most us feel really.

Women and football officiating do not go.

End of.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Nov. 13 2006,14:14)]Legend.

Just said what most us feel really.

Women and football officiating do not go.

End of.
out of your 3516 posts..

possibly one of your best..

ever

Would it have been ok for him to say 'He should not be here. I know that sounds racist, but I am racist' if Uriah Rennie had made a decision he disagreed with?

Newell was spot on though.

Would not have mattered either way to me if she was the best 'assistant referee' ever!

Woman have no place in football. Its simple really.

Back