• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4 Shrimper

Eastwood and posse ready to make your day ..... Mark Langdon
Rushden v Southend - Southend, 2pts at 11-10 (Bet365)

SOUTHEND have reached the past two the LDV Vans Trophy finals and Steve Tilson’s side can get back on the cup trail against Rushden at Nene Park tonight.
Gauging which teams will be trying in the LDV Vans is never easy and there will be plenty of punting going on nearer kick-off. However, for those looking to get their bets on early,Southend tick all the right boxes at a fair 11-10 with Bet365.
The Shrimpers may not be as up for the LDV as in previous years following their promotion to League One and subsequent challenge for a Championship spot, yet Tilson’s squad members should betoo hot for a injury-hit Rushden.
Saturday’s 2-0 loss at Doncaster ended United’s eight-match winning streak and the talk from the camp suggests it won’t be a team full of reserve members.
Freddy Eastwood, linked with a £500,000 move to Crystal Palace, will be given a start, while James Lawson, an impressive and highly-rated teenager, is set to partner him.
The service will come from Jamal Campbell-Ryce and the returning Mark Gower and those four incoming players will be desperate to make a mark to get back in the first team.
The Diamonds gave a sparkling defensive performance on Saturday to hold high-flying Wycombe to a goalless draw. It was Rushden’s best showing of the season, but the League Two strugglers remain one of the poorest professional teams in English football.
Barry Hunter’s side had lost their three games previous to the Wanderers stalemate and they are not helped by injuries to Graham Allen, Andy Burgess, Dan Chillingworth, Gary Mills and David Bell.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ Oct. 18 2005,13:28)]Freddy Eastwood, linked with a £500,000 move to Crystal Palace
Aaaaaargggghhhh, only by bored (thanks to the transfer window) sozzled Aussie pandering hacks!!!
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Oct. 18 2005,13:30)]Spells out a win for them then I fear
That's normally the case!

To be fair, Mark Langdon has been pretty sweet on Southend this season. I know for a fact that he's been to a couple of games - he knows a top side when he sees one
smile.gif

He did call us The U's in an earlier preview this season
mad.gif
but I dropped him a line and set him straight. Shrimpers all the way now!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ljubljana Branch @ Oct. 18 2005,16:19)]I think you'll find its 5/6 on bet365 now.

Betfair is the best price at 1.98
For a luddite like me that's, what, just under evens - or ever so slightly odds on (50/49-on)...

rock.gif

If that's the result in 90 mins, I'm not sure... we went to pens in last year's first round, let's not forget.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ljubljana Branch @ Oct. 18 2005,16:19)]I think you'll find its 5/6 on bet365 now.

No surprise there. We don't call them bet£3.65 for nothing.

That lot never hold a price...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ Oct. 18 2005,16:45)]
[b said:

No surprise there. We don't call them bet£3.65 for nothing.

Ooooh, inter-bookie bitchiness...

Can I stand around as if it were the playground going "Fight, fight, fight..."

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 18 2005,16:35)]
[b said:

For a luddite like me that's, what, just under evens - or ever so slightly odds on (50/49-on)...

rock.gif

If that's the result in 90 mins, I'm not sure... we went to pens in last year's first round, let's not forget.

Matt
Spot on Matt. Although with Betfair you have to take a small commission (usually around 5%) in to account.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 18 2005,16:47)]No surprise there. We don't call them bet£3.65 for nothing.

Ooooh, inter-bookie bitchiness...

Can I stand around as if it were the playground going "Fight, fight, fight..."

tounge.gif
[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't be a contest Matt. They're small fry
wink.gif

Should also point out: (both based on points per game)

-> We're the best in the division after going in front

and

-> We're the best second half team in the divison (i.e. we tend to 'win thehalf' more than anyone else).

Personally, I'd be tempted to take a Draw at HT, Southend at FT. Certainly raises the odds and doesn't seem inconceivable at all.

spoke to my mate at work yesterday. he got evens on southend for last night so dumped £500! not speaking to me today!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperian @ Oct. 19 2005,11:48)]spoke to my mate at work yesterday.  he got evens on southend for last night so dumped £500!  not speaking to me today!
hopefully that will teach him not to trust the mighty shrimpers
laugh.gif

£500 ouch
ghostface.gif

BET 365 HAVE ACTUALLY GOT BIGGER BALLS THAN LADBROKES,TRUST ME!

Had to shout as fed up with getting knocked back and cut in half by Badblokes, should never be given a license to pick and choose who they rip off!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Oct. 19 2005,12:27)]BET 365 HAVE ACTUALLY GOT BIGGER BALLS THAN LADBROKES,TRUST ME!
So it's not just on Southend United matters that you spout nonsense eh? At least you're consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back