• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bromley Blue

The artist formerly known as the_saafender
I'm ashamed to say I encountered my first example of racism from a southend "fan" I had the pleasure of sitting next to yesterday. I'm sure many of you remember that we had a bit of banter with a section of oxford fans closest to us in the same stand. One of them was black and appeared to be the ring leader in attempting to wind us up. We responded by outsinging them which is the way to deal with such a situation. This guy thought a better idea was to call him a "black b******" and shout out "send him over here." He then didnt watch any of the second half coz he was more interested in threatening these guys. What a waste of a ticket. Someone who actually cared about the club might have missed out because of this moron. I took my mate to his first game as he's more into rugby and cricket and was ashamed to be a southend fan because of that and the performance. I've had many debates with him about why fans of opposite teams not sitting together can be a good thing but now it seems I haven't got a leg to stand on.

Lets face it, football will always involve banter, but when it is good natured, this is what makes the game so enchanting to watch. Unfortunately, there are still a minority in existance who want to drag the game back into the dark days of the 80's.

I regularly attend speedway amongst other sports, and fans of both clubs are able to stand with eachother, exchange views and do so without being threatening or moronic. Yes, the two sports are completely different, but the theory of supporting the team is the same...this kind of behaviour needs to be identified and quickly stamped out, because Southend fans can be many things at times, but not racist. I have thankfully never heard anything of this nature at the Hall, and hope to never have to.

Never let the minority win. The vast majority of SUFC fans dont entertain this sort of thing. It would be a very sad day indeed if this wasnt the case.

I was sitting a few rows behind this guy as well, we heard him say exactly the same thing and then noticed after that he wasn't interested in the game at all.

He also said something to the stewards but not sure what. The thing that makes it worse is, not only did I take my nephew who I tell rasicm isn't right etc BUT he was there with his son!

There will always be a minority of 'fans' who behave in such a fashion, I don't think you'll ever be able to totally eliminate it.

Disagree if you want, but i thought the support on Saturday was awful.

Aren't we supposed to have the Blue Voice now? Some Blue Voice when the players are booed off at both half time and full time for being 0-0! 0-0 for f**k sake!

That's really getting behind the team isn't it? Booing them off. Utter disgrace.

J,

I see you have left the saafender neg rep with the comment "I don't agree".

Would you enlighten me as to just what you don't agree with in that post?

Thanks.

Aren't we supposed to have the Blue Voice now? Some Blue Voice when the players are booed off at both half time and full time for being 0-0! 0-0 for f**k sake!

That's really getting behind the team isn't it? Booing them off. Utter disgrace.

This is why we have such a hard task ahead of us...

But, we will get there eventually, with the support from those who want to make a positive change...

Last edited:
This is terrible, thankfully it is a minority. That in by no means makes it right, but in this case we should stand up to each other on this. Tell another Shrimper to shut the **** up if he is giving the club we all love a bad name

Dont be a prick James SOME of us have put allot of effort into this!

I don't think he is disputing that Scott...but as Lee mentioned in an earlier post, it will take a lot of fine tuning to make the Blue Voice the success it deserves to be.

Honestly, don't take it so personally Scotty boy...the rep that some of our so called fans are giving us at the moment is tarring us all with the same brush, but give it time, and I am sure the essence of the Blue Voice will win the day!

Maybe not but his post is taring us all with the same brush!!

Not at all. I think it's a great idea.

My point is that it's a shame some people still feel the need to boo, despite the efforts of others.

I regularly attend speedway amongst other sports, and fans of both clubs are able to stand with eachother, exchange views and do so without being threatening or moronic. Yes, the two sports are completely different, but the theory of supporting the team is the same.

I've had aggro at speedway, a psycho Wimbledon supporter threatening me and my g/f of the time purely as one of their riders had been put in the fence (you don't cross Alan Mogridge :p) as well as the National League Pairs at Hackney in 1989 when a bunch of p****d up Edinburgh Monarchs fans decided they would take their frustrations out on anybody in the vicinity.

J,

I see you have left the saafender neg rep with the comment "I don't agree".

Would you enlighten me as to just what you don't agree with in that post?

Thanks.

yeah i dont know why I've been given negative rep for reporting what I saw and heard. I've pointed out that it was just one guy but that it disappointed me. I thought about saying something at the time but it seems we had enough issues at this game with Southend fans arguing with each other that i didnt fancy a right hook from this guy for telling him to shut up.

Back