• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Racist Shrimpers Banned - from the Echo

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Front page headline of tonights Echo -

"RACIST BLUES FANS BANNED"

Two supporters who made Nazi salutes at the Spurs game have been banned for 3 years from attending any Prem, league or conference game and have to give up their passports when England play abroad.

They are named as Lewis Courtnell and Daniel McGill.

Also in the Echo - we have tried and failed to bring in Chris Powell or Jlloyd Samuel on loan.

I know both of their faces but not them personally.

I saw them do it at spurs but to be honest the game was very hostile and the girl that was with them was also getting very wound up with the remarks from spurs to us. She reported them and flew down the stairs and onto the pitch to tell the police/stewards.

It all got a bit out of hand to be honest!

Should give the anti-Fossetts brigade a nice bit of ammunition. What a stupid thing to do. I'm sure they got carried away with the atmosphere and the occasion but even so there is no excuse for that.

On the plus side, good to see the courts taking firm action against racist behaviour, when you compare it to the situation with Aragones...

Yeah I agree, I hope the spurs fans have got something aswell as they was just as bad IMO

Mate of mine who is a Spurs fan said nothing happended to Spurs fans.

So abusing someone for being Jewish is worse than abusing someone for being of romany decent now.

Two supporters who made Nazi salutes at the Spurs game have been banned for 3 years from attending any Prem, league or conference game and have to give up their passports when England play abroad.

Also in the Echo - we have tried and failed to bring in Chris Powell or Jlloyd Samuel on loan.

Mate......I have just looked at teh echo on line and can not find the article????

Mate of mine who is a Spurs fan said nothing happended to Spurs fans.

So abusing someone for being Jewish is worse than abusing someone for being of romany decent now.

What a facking Joke... O/B picking on Little Southend United

****ers I say... I not going, BUT Just watch and hear all the Pikey Songs coming from the QPRRRR fans tonight... will anyone get arrested tonight NO !! no the O/B and stewards will do nothing

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

I'd imagine the two fans are not actually racists and feel quite embarassed to be labelled so. It's pretty socially unacceptable these days. However they have got caught up in the moment and done something very silly.
They have been pretty unfortunate as there is always a lot of low level rascist chanting and shouting at games (ie Freddy stuff) and it's not something I agree with. Doing nazi salutes is *very* insensitive though and not what I would consider low-level

Giving a Nazi salute is disgusting, in a situation like that the person giving it is demeaning the opposing fans by glorifying one of the worst times in human history. If Spurs fans were giving Nazi salutes to demean people of Romany descent then fair enough, they deserve to be banned as well.

Excellent news.

Back