• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Raheem Sterling

Do have to question whether his agent calling Jamie Carragher a knob is a good idea though, there are certain ways of doing things and that isn't it

Hope he joins United and smashes a hattrick against them. Can't stand Liverpool.

Do have to question whether his agent calling Jamie Carragher a knob is a good idea though, there are certain ways of doing things and that isn't it

Meh. It's the same as Carragher taking five minutes out of Monday Night Football's coverage to basically lay into Sterling and his conduct in all this.

Neither party has come out of this smelling of roses but, as Steinberg's piece says, that is the game. Liverpool were more than happy to play it when they took Sterling for £600k from QPR (not to mention the likes of Jordon Ibe and other youth players), but kick the **** off and ready the propaganda puppets when they get played themselves.

Turns out his agent called Carragher a knob during an off the record chat with the journalist too. Not exactly best practice from the Standard...

You've got a point here. Why on earth did he feel the need to state the bleeding obvious?

Don't like him, don't like Liverpool. They're a match made in heaven as far as I'm concerned, both cocky and arrogant.

Before we even consider the fact that he's ****, he ain't worth that! More like £4.90, and that's pushing it...

Wish he'd gone abroad then we wouldn't have had to put up with him. Ungrateful greedy little sod!

Wish he'd gone abroad then we wouldn't have had to put up with him. Ungrateful greedy little sod!

Always makes me laugh when a football transfer boils so much ****. Liverpool offered to make him one of the highest paid players in the country. He's left Liverpool because he feels his working relationship with Brendan Rodgers is irreconcilable after a number of fall outs and incidents. If you'd had to change your mobile number three times in as many weeks because your employer was leaking it on the Internet so you'd be abused, I dare say you wouldn't exactly be enamoured with returning there.

Valuation might be a little steep, but certainly not a million miles away from the fees being discussed for someone like Marco Reus. If he was on his way from Borussia Dortmund or Wolfsburg nobody would be batting an eyelid. Sterling's a fantastic player and a fantastic prospect, he really can be as good as he wishes and I'd say he stands for more of a chance at reaching the pinnacle at City than he does Liverpool, at least as long as Rodgers is in charge there.

Good luck to him I hope he does well at City, an English prospect who will no doubt be a regular for England and help us push forward.

He will win more at City than he ever would staying at Liverpool!

Always makes me laugh when a football transfer boils so much ****. Liverpool offered to make him one of the highest paid players in the country. He's left Liverpool because he feels his working relationship with Brendan Rodgers is irreconcilable after a number of fall outs and incidents. If you'd had to change your mobile number three times in as many weeks because your employer was leaking it on the Internet so you'd be abused, I dare say you wouldn't exactly be enamoured with returning there.

Valuation might be a little steep, but certainly not a million miles away from the fees being discussed for someone like Marco Reus. If he was on his way from Borussia Dortmund or Wolfsburg nobody would be batting an eyelid. Sterling's a fantastic player and a fantastic prospect, he really can be as good as he wishes and I'd say he stands for more of a chance at reaching the pinnacle at City than he does Liverpool, at least as long as Rodgers is in charge there.

It makes absolutely no sense that Liverpool would leak his mobile phone number and I am genuinely suprised that anyone of a sound mind would believe such internet rumours. Whilst there clearly has been issues between Sterling and Rodgers to call in sick on two days at the start of pre-season training only to recover when a visit from the club doctor was being arranged
suggests a poor attitude or agent or possibly both !
He may or not prove to be a good signing for City but he should be thankful to Rodgers for giving him a chance at such a young age and standing by him when he had off field problems and was playing poorly. Whatever Rodgers faults there are few managers in the PL so willing to give young players a chance in the first team.

Last edited:
He's blatantly the best young English player by a country mile and probably the best English prospect since Rooney. He's already a key figure in the national team.

If he was joining Liverpool we'd all be hearing he good he was. Liverpool fans talk up their signings and talk down their sales. What I don't get it why the non-Liverpool fans fall for their propoganda.

It's a shame he's not moving to a big club abroad where he can develop more, but a move to Man City, where he'll actually be competing for trophies is a huge step up for him.

I said it before ,i think a lot of young English talent should look to move abroad to leagues such as the Spanish , german and italian to further broaden their education,think they would genuinely become better persons and players and therefore of more benefit to the English national team.

Back