• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Raheem Sterling

I had started to word a thread on this subject as, like you I believe it to be a sound topic.
I have my suspicions that some of our black players suffer the same twisted standards with too many of our fans.
What Raheem is pointing out appears accurate and the monopoly mogul run unanswerable media is, as with it's political bias, very much to blame for poor and unfair reporting.

I had started to word a thread on this subject as, like you I believe it to be a sound topic.
I have my suspicions that some of our black players suffer the same twisted standards with too many of our fans.
What Raheem is pointing out appears accurate and the monopoly mogul run unanswerable media is, as with it's political bias, very much to blame for poor and unfair reporting.

Football365's John Nicholson would disagree with your conclusion that it's the media's fault.

I could never understand why Ashley Cole wasn't more respected but it wasn't just a race thing as Frank Lampard (a lesser player to Cole but not Gerrard) got similar stick. Maybe it's a moving clubs thing? Either way Ashley Cole was criminally under appreciated.

I thought it had been discredited as being racial, and was plain abuse? There are people at every club in the land that will abuse an opposition player if they come close enough, and haven't we given people like Luke McCormick and Lee Hughes plenty over the years? It's all relative and, personally, I never like hearing it, but it's not a Chelsea thing, and Sterling probably gets worse when he returns to Liverpool.

Colin Wing claims he said "Manc c***" not "Black c***".

Be interesting to know which one is the truth.

Colin Wing claims he said "Manc c***" not "Black c***".

Be interesting to know which one is the truth.
Two independent lip readers have also confirmed it's Manc and not black. I don't know how many others have said differently.

MO, OBL.

Wing also claimed he was instrumental in protecting the fella who was racially abused on the Paris Metro a couple of years back.

Whether it was racial or not, Colin Wing is a prick and that kind of point-blank verbal abuse is really grim. TBH, pretty much all Chelsea fans are disgusting and can be bundled in with West Ham, Millwall etc.

Sterling gets this type of treatment due to a mixture of things, one of which is race. He's right that the press have so much to answer for.

Agreed, Wing is a goon. I've seen the footage enough times to be sure of one thing. It's pretty unclear which of those two words he uses. Certainly enough doubt to not be trialled and convicted by social media.

Back