• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rail Station

The new station at the airport ??

Rumour has it that Eddie Stobbart is going to close the airport and build us a 100,000 seat super stadium with reclining armchairs, then he's going to give RM £50mill to buy the club and we're set for life ! :hilarious:

Last edited:
According to my GPS not a lot in it.
From Prittlewell station to Temple Farm roundabout is shown as a 23 minute walk; from the new Southend Airport station to Temple Farm roundabout via Southend Rugby Club is shown as 25 minutes.
To give a comparison GPS gives a timing of 12 minutes from Prittlewell to the West Stand entrance, so about an extra ten minutes to FF.

On the upside the GPS shows I will now have a 19 minute walk rather than my current 30 minutes. :happy:

Last edited:
Both Prittlewell and Southend Airport Stations are about 1 mile from FF.

So about 15-20 mins walk.

Both Prittlewell and Southend Airport Stations are about 1 mile from FF.

So about 15-20 mins walk.

Its about a 20 min walk from Prittlewell i would agree , but from the New Airport Port Station will take a little longer in just under a hour

Southend east is the closest station . If and when we get to the new ground i will be parking somewhere near cluney square and walking up.

Southend East is by far NO where near the closest station, i live 10min walk from Southend east and would take 25min to walk to FF

Back