• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ranger in line for Blues debut at Port Vale

you just know we will play him too early , which will have repocussions either immediately or furher down the line

Fairly sure Chris has made a story out of a very small comment here. Sounds to be like Ranger might make the bench and come on for the final 10/15 mins? Which will be progress

PB says, according to CP, that Ranger has " a real sniff of being fit for Saturday". He then goes on to spell out some caveats. As others have said, what PB has said is a long way from saying he will get game time, let alone a spot on the bench. Let's not rush him and then regret it when some more damage is done.

From what I saw this week I will be amazed if he starts. He's been doing running on his own and has had hardly any game time. Even a desperate manager must realise he's not ready just yet.

From what I saw this week I will be amazed if he starts. He's been doing running on his own and has had hardly any game time. Even a desperate manager must realise he's not ready just yet.

He won't start I don't think. I read 'a sniff of being involved' as him having a chance of getting some game time, with the amount depending on the view of what he's capable of at this point. A second half sub coming on is most likely

No way he can or will start. Needs game time with the U21s or the infamous behind closed door games. He has hardly played in two years, and been injured for the past three or four weeks, no way match fit.

So if Ranger can be a rush-goalie, make a terrific save and push the ball out to himself in defence, pick out a pass to himself in midfield and then release a killer ball, dissecting the opposition defence, latching on to it himself and dispatching it into the net, he may be the answer. Failing that he will probably be another striker, starved of service, and wondering whether his last chance in football was worth taking. Oh how I would love to be wrong.

Back