• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not the end of the world....come on Nile sort it out,

Agreed, on both counts. No need for a 'verdict' from the FA then. It seems likely that the club are sticking by him, or they would surely have done something about it by now. It doesn't take this long to test a sample.

Not the end of the world....come on Nile sort it out,
Indeed. If he'd been **** for us so far then this would be the perfect opportunity to tear his contract up and get shot of him, but he hasn't, so let's hope he gets the same treatment as Berahino and is back playing ASAP.

Love to be proved wrong but fear I won't leopard and spots

Blues striker Ranger suspended after failing drugs test

NILE Ranger was suspended by Southend United after admitting to using a recreational drug, the Echo understands.

More...

He was definitely on something against Sheffield United (07.01.17), because he was absolutely terrible.

Joking aside, if he could stay out of trouble he could still have a big part to play. However, I don't think he can change. Shame.

Right, I've had just about enough of this whole disgusting Ranger saga. When he's at the training ground next I shall be telling him face to face to do the decent thing, get the hell away from my club and stop taking the mick out of my beloved Southend United.

Right, I've had just about enough of this whole disgusting Ranger saga. When he's at the training ground next I shall be telling him face to face to do the decent thing, get the hell away from my club and stop taking the mick out of my beloved Southend United.

Oh well I can see Ranger being charged with assaulting a fan at the training ground. To add to the bad boy list.

to who? Ron Phil or Nile?

@David Icke....do you know what? I make you right.
Bad boy; bad shmoy...the guy is an, albeit, talented arse and beyond that a very stupid man. He's 25 now, not the boy that had Shearer mentoring him up on the Tyne.
In the Sun interview, he claimed "I have to go out and conduct myself in the right way....They’re looking after me, Southend, so I can’t go out and mess things up now".
Officially, the precedent is now set with Berahino. I'm no angel but this acceptance of a wayward bad boy lifestyle to keep the talent within the group is not to the greater good and is not a role model that we really should cheer when he scores again in a Blues shirt. (Sermon over). Amen

Be interesting to know whether other players were randomly tested that day or whether they specifically targeted Nile.

Let's embrace it - we can use this our new goal music

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9pG_LtrffAs[/video]

I'm sorry but enough is enough.

He is one stupid mother Fxxxxr. He is dragging the club into disrepute.

Court case for defrauding or at least playing a part in defrauding the vulnerable. Now we find out that he has been taking drugs whilst at the club.

Do the right thing blues tear up his contract and send him packing.

How many times has he done drugs or would have done drugs of he had not been found out?

You lot are off your heads.
NR has played well twice, perhaps three times this season.
He has been given a chance by our club while the rest of the footy world sneered or rolled up laughing.
The court case was an absolute disgrace but we gave him the benefit of it being in his past.
So how does he thank Southend United and it's fans? He knowingly takes a class A drug in the full knowledge that if found out will lead to a lengthy ban and harm our clubs promotion bid. He wakes up the following day and regrets it? No he takes cocaine! !
His love and respect for Southend United who have supported him is overwhelming and the love of the fans who have given him far more kudos than a couple of very good peromances deserve? He took his trousers down and sh*t on us all.
I am not saying this should necessarily be the end for Nile at Roots Hall (though he could hardly complain)...but the "its ok" reaction is ridiculous.
Unless NR is going to give 100% to Southend United both on and off the field - then he can fu€k right off!

Last edited:
Back